31. Go

Tay

"I love you LJ." I said before she hung up. She was doing well at E's house which made me feel better. I had no doubts that she would adjust well, I was more nervous about how I would adjust to being in the house alone. It had been 3 if 7 days and I really missed being around her.

I took a breath and realized I had a lot less time to kill than I thought. She would be here soon and I still needed to shower. Ken and I were going out tonight and I had no idea where. After I pulled up on her Monday we decided to try us again. The first step to that was trying to trust each other. I thought we would start with smaller gestures like blind dates. Last week I planned a date and told her to be ready. After arguing for a little bit she got dressed and we had a great time. Tonight was her turn and I am nervous because of the attire she requested.

I stood in my closet looking at all of my clothes and decided on a suit suit before I took a quick shower. By the time I got out she had text me and tell me she was on the way. I made sure I put on lotion and cologne before heading down stairs. I started to turn off some lights before realizing she was outside. I grabbed my phone and keys before heading out.

"You really driving?" I asked feeling like a hoe. She rolled down her window and started laughing.

"What?" She asked.

"Come on I can drive." I said standing at the top of the steps.

"Yes boy get in the car." She laughed as I walked down the steps and to her car. I took a deep breath and got in.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she backed out of my drive way.

"I'm nervous." I said making her laugh.

"Why?" She said driving to the stop sign at the bottom of the street.

"You got me feeling all different. Then you told me were sweats... I don't know what to expect."

"Sit back and enjoy the ride. Isn't that what you told me?" She replied.

Go Get Em Go Cart Park

"Ok I gotta step my game up on the next date." I said as she parked the car in front of the large neon sign.

"You may need to." She said handing me an all access pass.

"You rented out Go Get Em?" I asked imagining how much it would cost to rent an entire go cart track. The place was huge and also had a bowling alley.

"The place is ours for the next two hours." She said licking her lips and smiling.

"I had pull a lot of string so let's go." She asked as she turned and opened her door.

"What kind of strings?" I asked getting out if the car and closing the door.

"Let's just say there is a birthday party that got moved around." She said as I grabbed her hand and interlocked her fingers.

"Are you serious?" I laughed as we walked through the gates and to the first place rack.

"I mean I upgraded them to all access too. I know you bring your nephew here and you haven't been in a while so I though this would be perfect." She finished before I kissed her. I looked around realizing that the park really was empty with the exception of employees who were ready to give us what we needed.

"It is. It's just too bad you are going to get your ass kicked out here." I said ready to have a good time. She smacked her teeth before walking towards the carts.

"I can promise you I'm not the ones that's going to get their ass kicked." She said picking the car in the left lane.

"Good evening folks. Watch your step and remember that the bottom rail may be hit. Grab the head rest of your seat to help you in side your cart." The young man stated watching us get settled.