33. War

Authors note/ spoiler alert:
For whatever reason if you are starting the series here I highly recommend that you go work and read books one through six. Not only will it be worth it but you'll be able to see how I characters have ended up where they are today.
So now that S&S has ended a lot of it will pick up here in S&S:B Side. At this point in B Side Tay is singled, Sloane has already been out of the hospital, and E is already aware that Tay was behind Sloane's shooting.

••••••

"Nigga tell me that wasn't you." Kev gave me a side eye as we sat in my living room. I had just got back from the awkward encounter of dropping of my daughter to her mother. E didn't even get out of the car but after telling her that I shot her husband six times I can see why. I never really thought about how telling her and that way with would ruin our a relationship.

"Yeah. It was." I said admitting to what a lot of people had already figured out.

"What the fuck? Why?" He asked. It was clear that he was a little bit more disappointed than confused.

" Long story short I took it to the doctor they ran some test after the accident and everything and I found out that she wasn't mine. I rushed it off but then about a month ago she called me and told me that she wanted to take her to California for the summer. Even though I agree it really really bothered me and... and I went to talk to him about it at the club and it is set in that..." I paused.

" everything he said even though it was an attack was right. Me wanting a change for her was too late, I should have never even suggested or pushed her to give up our daughter for adoption, and I didn't call myself being serious with her until he I noticed that other people wanted her. Then I thought about all the times in adult life where he was involved and how he used to call her baby and his wife and shit... used to say shit like he was waiting on her to have his babies... I lost it." I said

"I lost it. Finding out that he was her first and she wanted him to be. I don't know I just found out that I wasn't a man and I thought I was and I was already a little drunk and I shot him but I knew he was going to leave I didn't mean to kill him I just want him to hurt." I admited. It was too much for me to process at the moment and unfortunately I chose violence. Another than in my head is clear I wouldn't be able to tell either one of them that I didn't mean to take him off of his earth and I'll just have to pay for my actions.

"That girl had A lot of control over you. Y'all have a lot of control over each other.. Since we were young yall have been going back and forth over each other. Not it were older I hope I can say this without you shooting me..." he paused for my reaction.

"Look nigga I'm not gonna shoot you." I replied.

"You didn't know about E and Sloane because you didn't pay attention. When he moved into the spot she lived with him low-key. It definitely started out as a homeboy homegirl thing but he was taking that ass down." He said. I took a deep breath and laughed.

"I see." I have a plied. And honestly that's what hurts the most.

"You know it may already be some money on your head?" Kev asked.

"She not letting that shit happened." I said.

"Who said that she knows? I think that you forgot that that man is crazy. She gave him a reason to think straight but in the streets that Nigga name still ringing bells." He said sitting up.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked.

"I'm Saying I think you made a mistake. I'm saying that what it sounds like is that even though there was a big step in baby girl isn't sure if she will always going to be a part of her life and now glasses gonna end up dead because you can put your pride aside." He said back.

"Bro why does it sound like you know something that I don't?" I asked.

" I came over here to let you know that every property that we had a bid on in the city we were out bed. I know I don't need to tell you who we lost four buildings too..."

"What?" I said now sitting up. We had an understanding, Sloane and I, then by this is what the fact his business. We were trying to do the same thing but we did agree to stay out of each other's way.

"All four buildings even the residential properties."

"When was this?"

"This morning. That's what I came over here to tell you until I put two into together. We've never had a problem with him, outside of the first time, and now that he is out of the hospital,which I didn't know about... He's interested in anything that we put a bid on." He replied raising his voice.

"Look I don't know if you wanna go and hiding or what but the man is coming after you and more ways than one. You already know, well I'm sure you don't because your mind is always elsewhere, but Asia is pregnant..." He paused.

"This is bigger than me and you. I can't go to war anymore... you gotta fix it." He said standing up. I nodded as I realized my actions didn't just effect me.

"I know you aren't ready to go but you need to start thinking about what's next." He said before dapping me up and leaving. After hearing the door close I got up to get my phone off of the kitchen counter. I picked it up and immediately put it down not knowing what I was going to do. I sat and realized that while there was more than one way out of this I needed to start at the top. I scrolled through my phone and came to a number that I knew that I needed to dial. I took a deep breath and press the dial button. The phone rang three times before the call connected.

"Yo Jase... it's Tay."