24.

"Baby." I heard her sigh after I got out of the shower. I wrapped my towel around my waist as I looked up at her. She brush her thumb across her bottom lip.

"I did I take too long?" I asked as I leaned on to the bed.

"A little." She replied as I looked her up and down. I licked my lips as silence filled the air and our eyes remained locked.

"Give me a kiss." I demanded. Her body floated towards mine as she fulfilled my request.

"It doesn't matter now." She said as I opened her legs. She allowed me to put one of her legs on my shoulder.

"You should have said something." I bit my bottom lip as I used my index finger to lightly brush her clit. I watched her body relax as I ran my hand along her inner thigh.

"I needed you to be clean." She said almost at a whisper.

"I wouldn't have left you waiting." I watched the air leave her body as I played in her juices. Her eyes widened as she fought her reaction.

"Fuck Tay." She moaned as my fingers opened her up.

"Huh? What did you say?" I said curving my fingers slightly.

"You heard me!" She grabbed my hand.

"You gone let me do what I need to do?" I wanted to take it slow. I wanted to take the time to experience each other.

"I- I" her eyelids grew heavy when she tried to speak. I cracked a smile.

"Focus baby. Answer me." I lowered my tone and inserted myself in to her.

"Babe..." I let her sink her nails in to my chest before lifting her other leg.

"That's what I like." I pushed myself into her as she arched her back away from the bed. I kissed her legs as I held them in place.

"Ssshiit." She let her back grace the sheets.

"Damn Ken." I said looking down.

"It's too much." She moaned as she began to release herself prematurely.

"Don't tap out. Tell me who you belong to babe." I held her legs in place making it hard for her to push me away.

"You." She managed to say as she tried to push me away.

"You finna cum already?" I asked feeling her body change.

"You are making me cum Tay." She allowed me to continue to slide in and out of her.

"You gone make me nut in you girl." I pulled out, not trusting the birth control fully. Hopefully it was in time.

7:46am

"Yeah" I said sliding out of bed. I took some time to remember where I was and that she was going to be pissed if she found out I was working.

"We have a cash offer in that house we flipped on Lampkin Ave." Kevin said plainly.

"It's been 0n the market for a week. How much?" I walked into the bathroom, remembering that I was naked and the balcony wasn't a good idea.

"600,000." I paused. We had experience with turning old buildings in to new luxury apartments and ventured in to flipping homes. I was skeptical because getting people in to a building with a few units was easy to me but selling one house seemed harder.

"That's..." I started to think.

"Almost double what we put in to it." He finished my sentence as I looked out in to the bedroom area.

"Make it happen and text me when it's done." I said before explaining.

"Yo, that's not the only reason I called..." He paused. I looked at the time thinking about what he could possibly say next.

"Um,  Leila has a play when you come back and her parents came by to drop off your tick" He said plainly but still with a sense of urgency. I took a deep breath and smiled

"Ok take it with you and I'll pick it up from you." I said peaking back in to the room.

"Bet." He said. The amount of people who knew about my daughter still bothered me. But the fact that I didn't know who never bothered me even more.

"I'll be home before midnight I think so, Wait up for me." I said making sure that I was able to get a ticket and not miss the play. Before I could hang up I heard Ken moving around.

"You ok?" I asked looking at her and then to the balcony.

"I'm fine. Why are you up so early?" She asked noticing that the sun was rising.

"Kev called. He needed my opinion." I walked over to the window wondering how long I was going to be able to keep up this act. I was starting to settle on the fact that maybe I was supposed to be with her. Maybe Ken is the end of the line for me.

"Does this end here?" She asked causing me to turn and face her. She used the flat sheet to cover the body I had already be inside of.

"End here?" I asked before putting my foot in my mouth.

"When we leave are we continuing this? Is that the goal?" She pushed back to use the heed board to sit up. I sat in the available space on the edge of the bed.

"I want to. I don't want to wait... I don't want to walk away from this." I said as I made eye contact with her.

"Look. I still believe in love and marriage but I know that you still want to be with that girl. I know this isn't the first time that you have had this conversation with a women..."

"It isn't." I interrupted her knowing exactly where the conversation was going.

"But if you can't handle actual relationship or if you can't handle one with me please say something now." She said looking down.

"I can't get caught up in you." Her words actually hit my chest like a ton of bricks. It was the same thing I had to say to E even though I didn't mean it. Saying that an allowed her to walk away from it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

"I want to be with you Ken." I said still unsure and praying to God and I were at sufficed for whatever she wanted me to say.

"Prove it."