20.Fast

I could have made it harder for Kenya but I just didn't have the energy. With Jas and Tyson giving everyone in the city hope it was best for me to buckle down.

"So this gurl drive all the way across town, out herself on a platter and you didn't do it?" My sister was just as shocked as everyone else. Doing so was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. I could see that she was hurting and actually vulnerable but I couldn't take advantage of her like that.

"I couldn't allow myself to be pulled in like that man. I love her and I always will but she was just trying to get back at ole boy." It wasn't worth a one time deal just to see her with him again.

"Had she been getting divorced, and I mean for real, would it have made a difference?" She asked me, causing me to think a bit more.

"Hell yes. I would have been able to enjoy it knowing that the next step was going to be relationship." I said standing firm. It was the best choice for me at the time and I had to stand in it.

"Ok so what about this girl that has been at your crib?" I hadn't filled my sister in quite some tone but it seems like she was all caught up.

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to figure out what she actually knew.

"The Latin chick with the fat ass." She folded her arms.

"I don't know when you are going to learn how small this town is but I hope you learn soon. These females were hurt when they got a whiff of Tay Robbins letting someone bitch move in after Jas..."

"Move in? That's a stretch she doesn't even have a drawer. Plus I cut that off." I correct her. As far as the city being small I was completely aware however, I didn't care. No I do not care about the people who kept my name in the rumor mill.

"Well you don't stay single for long so who is next in the revolving door of its not Emerald?" I pressed my fingered together knowing that I was about to poke the bear. She was definitely upset when I came to here about Kenya the first time.

"Don't you say it." She said after she noticed that I had drifted off in to space.

"We had a conversation. It will take a while to get over but we spoke." I left it at that. I was actually going to meet her after leaving my sister's house. We had a great night and even though I had to run out I wanted it to continue.

"You must like her a little then."

"Honestly I'm not even sure that's it I just want to settle down. Soon as she said she was pregnant I was all in but then..." I stopped.

"Exactly. How could you even let her back in your life if she... you know what, you are grown. If you like it I love it." She got up starting to clean her already spotless living room.

"Here we go." I watched her zoom through the house out of frustration.

"I just don't understand." She shot back.

"Neither to I. I'm tired of running around out her Deonna." Right when I realized that Kenya was as close to E as I would get I knew I was ready. Prior to the whole baby incident I felt close and comfortable around her which is something that I haven't really achieved with anyone.

"So now you wanna marry this girl? She popped a pill and cancelled your father good without consulting you." She began to raise her voice. It became clear that I wasn't the only one who was hurt.

"I don't agree with it either but I can't keep living like this. I'm not trying to have a different body in my bed every night." I tried to make her understand.

"Can you trust her?" She slammed her hand down. The sound of her flesh meeting the kitchen counter caused me to jump.

"She said she didn't want baby a baby to be the only reason I stayed with her." I started to explain the conversation Kenya and I had over lunch.

"Her thing was that she knew I was still in love with E and with the chance that she would burst back in to my life... she had to make a choice for herself." My statements didn't mean anything.

"That shit sounds selfish to me. It's like she wanted to cause you pain. But like I said it you like it I love it." I stood up taking a deep breath.

"I have obviously overstayed my welcome." I stop the conversation, grab my belongings, and leave the house without even saying goodbye. I traveled r to the after that Kenya sent me this morning. She had been planning on living for a while and today was the day that she got to go look at places. Are use my phone to navigate me to the newest housing development. It took a while for me to realize that these are the same twist intern is that I take to get to Emerald's townhouse hide out.

"The Destination is on your left in 500 feet." My GPS rang out after I drove past E's truck which was parked out front throwing me off. I turned into the driveway in which Kenya's car was parked. I used my mirrors to check my surroundings before hopping out of my car. I walked in to the model home with out being seen.

"Hey you." I walked up behind a Kenya as soon as I spotted her. She was still in the main portion of the house talking to the to what seemed to be a real estate agent.

Kenya sunk in to me allowing my arms to wrap around her body while she listened to what the lady had to stay.

"Let me know if you need anything. Feel free to look wrong." The lady smiled and stepped away.

"Hmm...You look good. How was the meeting?" She fixed my tie before glancing up at me.

"It went well, it didn't last as long as I expected so I stopped off to see my sister." I gave here a little detail.

As much as I wanted her to move into one of my properties she refused. I admired her tenacity and independence however sometimes it was a little annoying when she refused my help.

"Well I'm glad you made it. I'm glad we are doing this." She said in reference to us speaking again.

"I just want us to trust each other." I said as we started our walk though the model town home.

"I want to trust you Kenya and vice versa. I'm not trying to keep running the streets." Her eyes widened at my serious tone.

"I said yesterday that I'm not finna be playing games."

"I heard you. I understand and I agree." She folded her arms as we made it to the family room. I knew that this was moving fast but I didn't really care. I acknowledge the fact that we went wrong not talking for months to sex and now helping each other ouch out homes. It was like nothing ever happened which was pretty unhealthy.