Bags

We made our way out to the garden with scents of flowers filling the air. I waved for Denki to sit at the only table out here and I sat across from him. I watched as he took a big bite of his burger and smiled. "This shit hits the spot. It's way better than the ones in the US." He said after swallowing his first bite of food. "Aren't you going to eat?" I swallowed uncomfortably. 

"Y-yea." I opened my bag slowly and reached for the cool pouch that sat in the insulated part of my bag. I grabbed it and held it there nervously. I slowly brought it out. The pouch was decorated so as to not look like regular pouches but the red contents could still be seen. I held it on my lap still out of sight and I could hear my stomach rumble in yearning for the food. 

"Hey. I mean it when I say I won't judge you. You have been super kind so far and I want to repay that kindness. You can trust me, even if we only just met you can trust me." Denki told me. I was scared as fuck and ready to bolt if I needed to. I took a deep breath and took off the specially placed screw-on cap then brought it up to my lips and took a careful sip. The whole time shaking with nervousness. "That's what you were scared of? What is it blood? I had a few classmates in middle school who had to drink it. They were twins and they got different powers by drinking different blood. The assholes who used that against you are dicks. You shouldn't be ashamed of what you can't help. It's not like you're going to go rampant on anyone so who gives a fuck."

That's that thing. I could go rampant... on everyone. "True but that won't stop anyone from judging and shunning me. Katsuki was the one that dumped my food on me and I had been starving since I hadn't eaten for a day or more so I scared him. I didn't hurt him but I frightened him enough to scare him into leaving me alone. I have been scared to eat in front of anyone for a long time. So I'm still nervous about this I'm sorry."

"It's understandable, and if I ever get the chance I'm going to electrocute him. From now on you'll eat with me and I don't care if you are hungry or not. Everyone else can fuck off." I smiled weakly and laughed at that. "Well eat up, it's lunchtime and we only have forty-five minutes." I nodded and took another drink out of the pouch. His bossy side was kind of adorable.

"So you're not scared of me?"

"Nope. Also, can I assume that you don't really have a quirk but more of a physical difference? Like you're a vampire or something? That's pretty cool if you are and it makes sense why you wouldn't want to make any lasting relationships. However, you're stuck with me." Denki said as he took a bite of his Burger. Glee blossomed on his face as he chewed his food and I almost let out a laugh at it.

"Yeah I guess that's the proper term for me but it's not all it's chapped up to be," I told him before I took another drink. "I don't make lasting relationships because they'd age and I won't I'll be stuck at 18 forever. It's pretty lonely."

"I'd imagine. But now you have me! I'll stick with ya till I die. So how long have you been 18? Have you ever fallen in love? Have you ever drank from a human before?" 

"Um, too many questions. I won't answer the age one, only because I don't think I'm ready to disclose that. I've never been in love and I drank from one once. But I can't remember what it was like. It was also willingly of course in fact they offered."

"Hmm did they tell you what it was like? Did they like it?" I chuckled. He seemed to honestly be okay with me being a monster. It was kind of relieving.  I lifted up the pouch and chugged the rest of it then stored the garbage back in my bag next to the insulated portion of my bag. 

"Well like I said I don't really remember it too much. I think they enjoyed it but I don't think they ever told me how it felt." I answered honestly. I was worried that at some point with the way these questions were going that he'd ask me if I could drink from him. 

"Alright. Well since you've trusted me, I'll trust you. If you need anything don't be scared to ask and I might just take you up on that offer to stay the night over the weekends so I'm not completely alone. Also, can I ask why you chose to be open with me? And asked if I wanted to come over to your place?"

"Oh, it's because you smell sweet. It's a scent I haven't smelt in a long time. It's alluring to me and comforting. Sorry if that sounds weird." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. 

"All good. Do you think you could tell me what my scent is? I'm curious. Does everyone else have the same scent or are they different too?"

"I can tell you're curious. I feel like I'm being interrogated. Anyway, everyone has a different scent, some smell like candy and others smell like seasonal changes. You in particular smell like summer and lemon. I've only smelt it one or two other times and I have always found it comforting." I told Denki in earnest. I had never been able to discuss the scents or the things I smelled, this was fun and new to me and I kind of liked it. 

"I wonder why. I don't wear anything that gives me that scent. Why do you think I smell like that?"

"I don't know, I think it has something to do with blood type and the way the DNA gets compacted. But I'm not entirely sure."

"It's a good theory, you could be correct. I mean they say no two DNA is the same there is always a different variant in it and even the blood types can change with the given DNA as well. So that could very well be the case." I nodded and tilted my head in wonder. He was smart and he seemed to know quite a bit so why was he so underestimated? He was also pretty cute so that shouldn't have been an issue either. "Is there something on my face?" He asked as he caught me looking at him. 

"No. I'm just wondering what kind of idiot would underestimate you. You are smart and good at hand-to-hand. Add that to being cute and you are the full package." I openly told him, his scent getting slightly stronger as I noticed his face flush pink. "Hmm, you look cuter with that blush, you also smell more that way too. In a good way of course."

"I - um - you - okay." He said in a choppy manner before taking a chug of his strawberry milk. I laughed at him being obviously flustered. 

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked curiously. I watched Denki shake his head no and place the pink milk down. 

"No." He rushed to say leaning forward a bit before leaning back, his face now even more flushed. "I'm just not used to people talking to me like that... You caught me off guard, especially with how straight-faced you said it. I can't quite tell if you are being serious or not but even so it's a nice thing to hear. Ya know?" I thought about it for a second then spoke. 

"I'm being serious and I guess it would be a nice thing to hear. Being told you look good is a nice thing. I'll make sure to tell you more often." I told him as I rested my chin on the back of my folded hands. My elbows and hands now holding my head up as I gazed at the neon blond in front of me. "You should finish your food. You look cute when you eat as well and like you said we don't have a lot of time to eat. Only - half an hour now." I said checking the clock behind me quickly before looking back at Denki. 

"R-right." He looked down and picked up the burger before going to work to eat it. Every time he took a bit a look of bliss appeared telling me that he enjoyed his food greatly. 

"So since you know more about me than anyone else, and since we'll apparently be getting close may I call you Denki?" I asked him as he finished his burger and took a sip of his drink. A gust of wind blew then sending a hint of his scent my way mixing with the roses and spice babies decorating the garden. I breathed in the intoxicating scent and noted how nicely it blended with the foreign scents around it. 

"I don't see why not, does that mean I can call you Izuku? Oh, how about Zuzu? Or Izu?" I laughed at his excitement and nodded my head. "Sweet! Oh since we are done eating do you think you could show me around more for the rest of lunch?"

"I suppose. I'll wait in the hall for you while you bring the tray inside. Just say my name loudly if you need me." I told him as I got up and waited for him to follow in suit. We began our walk back inside and he walked into the lunch room alone as I stood out in the hallway waiting for him. 

"What the fuck are you doing out here Deku?"

"Did you say something Katsuki? If so I don't recall my name ever being Deku. Maybe try again?"