Let it Burn

I laid next to him a few hours longer after he had fallen asleep then I weaseled out of my bed and went over to my closet to get dressed. After getting dressed I left a note for the neon blond in case he woke up before I got back and then I took off. It had been a while since I had gone my top speed so it felt nice to run on water and make it to California while the sun was getting ready to set. I walked some ways to get to a flower shop and I bought some of my mom's favorite flowers before I started my trip to my mom's grave. When I got there the worker and owner of the land was getting ready to close up. 

"Hey kid, it's been a while. You coming to visit your family members again?" The man questioned as he recognized me.

"Yup. How are you doing?"

"Oh you know, same old same old. Just a bunch of dead people to keep an eye on. Well, I'll let you go and visit 'em you call for me if you need me, kid." 

"Will do sir," I said as he let me through and waved to me as I got further away. I walked to the far side away from the gate and found some new graves as I went. I found my mom's and my dad's four away from the end. "Hey Mom, Dad. It's been a long time huh? I hope you two are doing well. Who knows maybe you both have been reborn and have found each other again. I hope that's the case. I miss you both but I have a new friend. His name is Denki and I think you would like him. He's cute and funny, but smart and quick-witted." I told them as I planted the flowers by my mom's grave. "I actually have to get back to him before he wakes up but he gave me the task of finding something to bring back for him. I'll be back in a few weeks to bring you your favorite cigar Dad. I'll bring your favorite beer too. I love you guys, so I'll see you soon and maybe introduce you guys."

With that, I turned and started to leave. I waved bye to the land owner then I went to a store nearby to figure out what I was going to get him. "Hello sir can I help you find anything?" A younger lady asked me when she noticed me staring at the same eight shelves for the last 15 minutes. 

"Um, actually I'm looking for a gift for a close friend of mine. He asked for me to bring something back for him but I'm kind of stumped on what to get him." 

"I see, well why not pick out something that either will give him lasting memories that he'll be able to use over and over or maybe something for him that he can always carry around?" I nodded and thought about things that could work. 

"That actually really helped thank you!" I took off before she could say anything and then I was looking at their anime stuff. I found a nice hoodie that reminded me of him and it was something he would definitely wear. Then I found a plushy that I think he would like as well as a fuzzy blanket to match. I grabbed a black and bright yellow backpack that I could stuff with the items after I bought them then I grabbed a body pillow with a green super fuzzy case and went up the register to buy it all. 

"Thank you for your purchases! I hope you have a great rest of the day."

"Thank you, you have a great one as well," I said as I stuffed the bag into my backpack and then held the body pillow as I ran out and began my way back to UA. I was back earlier than I had said I would be but that was okay. I changed quickly then I stuffed his presents into my closet to surprise him with them when he woke up. I laid down next to him once more only this time I was more eye level with him as I watched his face change every now and then as he slept. After a few minutes, I felt kinda creepy just laying there watching him sleep so I scooted back to where I had been maybe an hour earlier and looked up at the ceiling once again. 

Instantly I started to hate myself as I began to feel hungry despite just getting comfortable. I began to curse myself out in my head then forced myself to think about how I'd need to go to 'work' the following night to get some food. I let out a small sigh and turned my head a bit to look over to Denki who was sleeping peacefully. My fridge was under my bed and I wasn't about to pretty much crawl on top of him to get myself some food, and chance waking him up to me putting him in a compromising position. At the same time, I didn't want to get back up just to lay back down after I had the pouch in my grasp. 

I began to think of things I could possibly do after I got up to grab my food to make it worth actually getting up. However, my thoughts were interrupted when I noticed Denki looking back at me. "Did I wake you?" I asked as he looked at me with tired and hazy eyes. 

"Mm mm." He sounded before wiggling up a bit so his head was closer to mine. "Izu?..." He questioned sleepily. 

"What's up cutie?" I asked as I turned on my side to look at him better. 

"Is it bad that I want to kiss you?" He asked throwing me off a bit. They say being tired is the equivalent of being drunk. You don't filter anything and are often truthful with whatever you say, but this threw me through a loop. 

"I don't know how to respond to that honestly. I wasn't expecting you to ask that." I told him in response to which he frowned.

"Do you not like me?" I was completely unsure of how to respond. I thought I had just told him yesterday that I wasn't sure how I felt about him. Maybe I was just thinking it but I was still unsure. I loved having him as a friend but at the same time I knew there was something more that I felt and I had no clue what it was. 

"Of course I do." Was all I could think of saying. I hoped he was asking the general 'Do you like me' instead of the 'Would you date me kind of like'. Yet something told me that it was probably the latter rather than the former. 

"I like you too Izu." He smiled sleepily causing me to wonder if he'd remember any of this come morning or if he'd think it was a dream. "Izu can I kiss you?" I choked a little mentally at this question. Did he really like me that way? How do I react to this when he's still half asleep and probably thinks this is a dream? I didn't want to see him cry more importantly I didn't want to be the one to make him cry. 

"Do you want to kiss a monster like me?" I asked thinking it might discourage him a bit. 

"Would that make me a monster too if I say I do?" Well, now I kinda just fucked myself over since he clearly wanted to go through with it regardless. There wasn't harm in just doing this, right? Slowly I reached my head forward a bit and met his lips with my own. His were soft and warm and I felt as he kissed back, a feeling similar to sparks could be felt as our lips touched. Unconsciously I placed my hand on his cheek and I felt as his hand was placed on my own. 

"Izu." Denki breathed as he pulled back briefly for air only to kiss me once more. My head was a mess as we kissed and at some point added tongue. I couldn't tell if he was now fully awake or if he was still half out of it, but either way, the kiss would have to come to an end before it got too heated. Already though it was getting to be a lot since his taste was just as sweet as he smelled making it hard to think clearly enough to make this thought actually go through. 

When he pulled back again to get air once more I got a few seconds to clear my head from the fuzzy mess it had become. "Denki..." I said before he started to move his head closer to mine again. I put my finger on his lips and kept his face a small distance from mine. My words paused as my eyes focused on his warm, soft, pink lips. "We should stop here okay?" I kissed his forehead and then moved my head back to where it had rested moments ago. If I had a beating heart I'm almost positive it would have just about beat out of my chest at this point. "You should get back to sleep okay? We can talk about this more when you wake up if you want."

"But Izu..."

"Go to sleep cutie. We'll talk about this when you wake up." I pulled him close and gently started to rub circles on his back. "Have sweet dreams okay?"

"Mhmm." Was all I got back before seconds minutes later he was out again. His taste was still fresh in my mouth and it was sweet like candy with a hint of lemon to it. I touched my fingers to my lips and smiled a little at the faint warmth that lingered. Now I was left till Denki woke up to figure out exactly how I felt. The kiss had felt amazing and while I had kissed one other person on the lips in the far past it had never felt like that. He said he liked me and if I was being honest I think I did too after that kiss feeling as exhilarating as it was. It would make sense since I had never thought of that as a possibility for that weird feeling I had whenever I saw him. Or the way it hurt me to see him cry. The way I couldn't help but smile when I saw him smile. It all made sense.

Now that I knew this I never wanted to let him go. I wanted to kiss him again, to feel his warm soft lips on my chilly ones. I looked down at the golden-eyed mystery and smiled a small smile to myself. Maybe I could make him mine.