The Good In Me

I was on my way back from the store when I ran into my first small problem. I was being followed, quite closely might I add. I started to feel relaxed once I was in front of the dorms. Just as I was about to step inside when I felt a brief pinch and went completely weak. Before I got the chance to say a word I felt something get shoved into my mouth as I was picked up and carried away. 

~Denki POV~

I woke up to an empty room but a note on the bedside table. I could tell it was from Izu due to the handwriting but I felt myself become worried when I noticed what time it was compared to what time he said he'd be back. I got up quickly and rushed out of the room to find Aizawa pacing the floor. "Sensei has Izu returned yet?" I asked once he saw me.

"Not that I'm aware of and he won't answer my calls or texts. Have you tried to reach him?"  The tired man asked with anxiety in his voice. I got my phone out instantly and saw nothing from Izu. In seconds I was sending him messages asking where he was before calling him. 

"Izuku here if you have made it this far this is my voicemail box. Leave a message after the beep and I'll get back to you when I can." I felt myself start to shake as panic began to set in. He would always answer my calls either on the first ring or the second. 

"Something is not right." I took off and then towards the entrance of the dorms. I raced down the stairs passing by classmates and outside where I found bags of spilled food. 

"Kaminari!" Aizawa's voice sounded as he ran out shortly after me. "Kaminari get inside."

"But-"

"Now. Gather everyone in the common room." I nodded while biting my tongue to prevent myself from breaking down. I rushed into the building only to get questioned by my classmates who saw me run out. 

"We need to gather everyone in the common room..." I said as I tried to ignore their questions. 

"Kamibabe are you okay? What's going on?" Ashido asked as she pulled me into a hug. 

"I'll go gather everyone Ashido can you try and help Kaminari calm down?" I hadn't even noticed I was crying till Yaoyaorozu handed Ashido a handkerchief and she started to wipe my eyes. 

"I plan to try! Why don't we go sit down Kamibabe you look like you're about to collapse." Once I was sitting down I broke. 

"He's gone! Ashido who could have taken him?!"  I asked out loud as I left my control on my quirk weakened. I felt myself spark about every few seconds as I broke down crying. It was ridiculous I had only known him for just over a month and a half and we had only been dating for a few days but the thought of losing him scared me beyond belief. "What if he doesn't come back? What if he's gone forever?!"

"Kamibabe what are you talking about? Do you mean Midoryia?"

"Yes! He went out to get groceries this morning and the stuff he bought was found but not him! He won't answer my calls or my texts and he hasn't answered Aizawa either!" I cried as Ashido started to hug me to try and comfort me. 

"I'm sure he'll be coming back safe and sound. Take some deep breaths Kamibabe. I don't know Midobabe well but I don't think he'd be happy to see you cry. He'll come back okay? I'm sure he'll be alright." I heard as people began to gather in the room but they all got quiet and a few came over to comfort me.

"Alright, problem children listen up. As I'm sure you have heard Midoryia has been kidnapped. Even so, we will have to resume class like planned. You will be given today and tomorrow to continue to recuperate. We start back Monday and the search for Midoryia will continue until he is found and brought back safely." 

"Aizawa what about Kaminari? He should be given a bit more time off don't you think? If you can allow him a few extra days off I offer to help him out with any and all work he misses." Yaoyaorozu volunteered as I sat sniffling and silently crying so I wouldn't disturb anyone listening. 

"I already asked about that and having some students take turns to keep him company but in the end, it would just look like a special treatment... As awful as it sounds, as a hero you won't have the luxury of taking more than a day or three to recuperate unless you've been severely injured. I'll have some food brought to you guys seeing as how I doubt any of you will have the motivation to cook." With that, I watched as the tired man slowly left looking like he felt awful, and I successfully burst into more tears. 

"Aizawa!" I shouted, "Bring him back home!" 

~Izuku POV~

"Good luck trying to keep me here. I'll give you two days if you don't release me before then, well whatever happens after that will be your own problem." I snarled at them from behind the bars I was behind. I jingled the chains that held me to the wall where I sat. "These chains nor bars will protect you from shit, you hear?!" I screamed at them as they walked away. 

"Toga give it a few hours then you can do whatever you want to him." I looked down and let my hair hide my face as I smiled grimly. Snack time. I thought to myself. I would give them two days exactly and then I would feast. 

At the mere thought, I began to laugh almost psychotically. "This is not what I want to become," I mumbled to myself. "I can't believe I even thought about that." I began to curse myself out under my breath before my thoughts wandered to Denki. I couldn't imagine how he'd be feeling right now. The thought of him crying because of me had me angry for not being more cautious the entire time I was out of the dorms and away from him. I went limp at the thought of how I was letting him down. 

I wouldn't be coming back the same, either I would be spilling blood and covered in new scars or I would come back with blood spilled and consumed feeling insane from guilt. 

"What are you looking down for? Feeling guilty or something? There's no point since you aren't human."

"Shut up you fucking monster. When I get out of here I'm going to rip you to shreds."

"Oh? But why? I haven't touched your precious human, therefore you have no reason to touch me. What was it that you said all those years ago? I reeked of death of mold? No need to strain yourself and make yourself sick old friend. I'll leave you to keep thinking silly thoughts now."

I couldn't wait to rip him to pieces. 'Old friend' my ass.