𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. rocky

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. rocky

❨ cobra kai ❩

❨ before ❩

❨ before ❩

ON HER TIPTOES, JIEUN KANG REACHED UP THE window ledge, eyes wide, hoping to see the first shoots of spring. Just yesterday she sat with her mother - her, mud, newspaper, and beans.

They made little pots using their hands, the black and white strips becoming something new, something capable of holding new life. Oddly, once the soil was inside they became more stable, like proper pots. They stood them in a tray, added a bean to each, and water too.

Her mom said to be patient, there is nothing yet, but Jieun knew every morning will be the same, standing there on tiptoes until they grow tall enough to be planted in the garden.

"Let's do something today." Her mom, Kang Yoomi, put her palms on the counter and looked at her daughter.

Jieun widened her eyes, "Like what?" She had an expression on her face like they were talking about the most exciting thing on the planet, a small smile playing at the corner of her lips.

"Well, it's a beautiful day today." She teased, dragging her words after she noticed Jieun's impatient form. "The new park just opened up, I have some designs in mind I need to sketch out, the scenery would be perfect." Jieun jumped up and down, "Would you like to go?"

What a stupid question! Jieun thought, "Of course, I want to go!" It's like she doesn't even know me, she continued in her head and headed towards her room to change into proper attire.

Asking Jieun to sit still was like trying to tell a fire not to burn. Her eyes are alight, her every muscle needed to move, to dance, to jump. She chatters and observes giggles and jokes. Everything tickles her as funny and if there is one idea coming from her mouth there are seven more queuing up in her mind.

There is something so intoxicating about an excited child. They bounce, pounce, squeal and they run. As Jieun's grins get wider Yoomi starts to smile ― that was Jieun's power, after all. She's bursting with liquid sunshine from within.