𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. i'm getting used to you

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. i'm getting used to you

❨ cobra kai ❩

THE SCHOOL HALLWAY WAS A JUNGLE GYM

THE SCHOOL HALLWAY WAS A JUNGLE GYM. IT WAS A pole down, a ladder up, monkey bars from the ceilings, a balancing beam on the floor, slides, and cargo nets. The hallway was light and bright, even upon stormy days, its grand windows let in a bouquet of rays.

The hallways had light marble floors and white walls, not a handprint or scuff mark anywhere. The doors were glossy black, numbered with silver digits that match the globe-shaped handles. It isn't just the materials though, it's the dimensions, the width being at least twice that of any other school.

Jieun made it to her classroom, it was her salvation. When she walked in there her mind was able to function, her stride grew longer.

Though the classroom walls were bare the windows were large. Everyone wanted a window seat, to sit in the unsubdued light of the morning. Outside the sky was blue except for a few strands of stratus that trail like airplane trails.

Whoever painted the walls in there must've had an imagination bypass, but then isn't that the education system all over? Fill kids' minds with facts they could google instead of teaching them how to think, question facts, experiment and explore. It wasn't the nineteen hundreds anymore, they weren't preparing them to clock in and out at factories.

Jieun took a glance at her desk.

It was recycled wood upon strong iron legs, each at a jaunty angle as if it was stretching before a pleasant jog. The wood was upcycled, and she wondered if had once been a door. In the grain were flecks of colors that many front doors in the neighborhood had, so many vibrant hues in every season, like rainbow freckles.

She wondered how many smiles it had seen, how many had seen it, and felt the relief of coming home.

Yet for now, it had been vandalized with markings dedicated to her.