𝐭𝐞𝐧. baby

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍. baby

❨ cobra kai ❩

NEW FRIENDS CAME ALONG about as often as lottery wins for Jieun and she burnt through them just as fast

NEW FRIENDS CAME ALONG about as often as lottery wins for Jieun and she burnt through them just as fast. One moment they were joined at the hip and the next they vanished from her life taking every precaution to avoid accidental contact.

Maybe that was why she wanted to keep Sam so close, she never left her.

She was one of the few people who believed in her. She was the one who made the cradle for her soul, the very fabric that kept her warm. And she thanked the universe and every star above that they both made their way together, that their life paths were woven so intricately.

Friends to Jieun were stars and the black velvet on any night, bringing comfort within whatever reality she found herself in.

She sat on the edge of one of the room's chairs, her eyes trained keenly on her beaten shoes as she held her phone in her palm. "You work at a roller rink? Weren't those outlawed in the '80s for being totally lame?" Jieun laughed, a loud chuckle on the other end from Tory Nichols.

After her father's death, Tory Nichols to Jieun was the warming spring sun, a sense of brightness and light in her soul.

And Jieun Kang made a promise to protect her for as long as Tory would keep her.

"It's 80's night." She replied, "This would be a great time to talk to Miguel, too."

"Right." Miguel and Tory were, right now, everything to her. But something was happening to her, something horrible, and it was beginning to gnaw at Jieun that she hadn't told Miguel. She tried to put those thoughts out of her mind, "Okay, I'll be there." Then hung up after Tory's cheers.

A knock at the door startles her. When she doesn't respond, the knocks come louder, followed by a voice. "Ms. Kang." it's a woman with a gentle voice that cracks when she spoke.