𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. scorpion's eye dojo

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. scorpion's eye dojo

❨ cobra kai ❩

THERE WAS SOMETHING ABOUT UNMEASURABLE TIME THAT WAS torture to the mind, body, and soul

THERE WAS SOMETHING ABOUT UNMEASURABLE TIME THAT WAS torture to the mind, body, and soul. It stretched one thin somehow, so unbearably thin. Perhaps it was because there was no love there, no hugs or kind smiles, and no one to tell you everything will be okay.

And then there were the eyes of everyone in that juvenile facility, alive and dead as if they were so desperate for this nightmare to be over they tried to sleep even when they were awake.

The guards felt the need to take their freedom, that much was obvious. They were scared of them, yet it was more than that. Robby could see the disgust in the way their faces moved, indifference in the little they say, grimly seeing out their time as guards before they may leave. At what cost to their souls?

This life was but a magic mirror, giving back what you give out. And so he sat there, on a plastic chair, and let his eyes rest a while.

He asked his imagination for a bird so that it may sing and move its wings in the sunlight that warmed it. He could hear its song, so bright as if it were all the colors he's been missing for so long.

Before he can help it a small laugh escaped his lips; he imagined himself, who would stop in the middle of any path to savor such music, no matter how humble the bird.

"How was your lunch?" Yujin murmured, scooting a chair to his side.

Robby hesitated, "Mmm, not complaining."

"You learn fast." He continued after a minute, "so, how's it going?"

Robby focused his eyes on his shoes, "y'know I can't shake the feeling that at the end of the day I'm not going home. And, like, in the morning when I wake up... there are these few seconds before I realize where I am." He paused, "and then I do realize, and I can't breathe. And I want to cry and throw shit." Robby shared a tense glance with Yujin, "When does that end?"