𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. vega deneb altair

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. vega deneb altair

❨ cobra kai ❩

MOVIES WERE A POWERFUL COMMUNICATION

MOVIES WERE A POWERFUL COMMUNICATION. THE METAPHORS they carry, linguistic and non-linguistic speak directly to the viewer, the writers seeking to 'write' the population into the ways of love.

Movies were societal medicine, as are songs. They were the echoes of humans. Perhaps that was why Jieun was so drawn to them, to the stories of the stage and screen, the writers, the cast, and the crew working together to help millions with each new release.

Perpetually early, Jieun laid on the hood of her car for a few seconds as she always did. Stretching away in between the rows of metal, revving engines. Never once did she acknowledge anyone around her until she'd sampled her popcorn.

Only a few years back it was tatty with an ever-present odor of stale popcorn. The refurbishment was kind, tasteful, and elegant. The saltiness had to be just right. A smile stretched on her lips as the kernel dissolved. Theatres varied so much, but this little palace of the film was her all-time favorite. The slightly smaller screen was more than compensated for by the ambiance.

It reminded her of the outdoor cinemas in Europe her father had taken her to as a girl. In those days there had been an intermission for the ushers to bring ice cream and candy down the aisles of picnics or cars, an interruption that would be unthinkable in today's action-packed blockbusters.

With a small creak, she knew she wouldn't be alone for much longer. The happy chatter and munching were all part of it, but she had chosen a place far from the other Cobra Kai students.

In moments her crisp ironed outfit sank into the cushion of her heavy weighted blanket. With soda to her right and the family-sized popcorn on her left, all was right with her world. Nothing could go wrong now. The ritual had been perfect, all she had to do now was sit tight and wait for the stars.

The movie started, and though the crowd loved it, Jieun couldn't help but roll her eyes. Yet another karate movie, she was almost sick of it. Knowing all the moves and what could've been better to defend a kick or punch. No amount of expensive equipment could make up for the lack of a plot.