𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. dead weight

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. dead weight

❨ cobra kai ❩

DEATH IS PERMANENT

DEATH IS PERMANENT. DEATH IS FOREVER. DEATH IS when the spark in the eyes is extinguished, yet unlike fire is utterly without smoke.

Death is the gateway to rebirth, and as someone beloved passes through, we both mourn and celebrate. We feel their loss in their life and community, yet celebrate all that they achieved in their lifetime for goodness, love, the natural world, and humanity. It is a time when we are most aware of how sacred living is and to appreciate the gift all the more

The problem with your best friend dying is there was no one to talk to.

It wasn't the main problem, obviously. Jieun didn't want to imagine her mother's bloated, waterlogged corpse for the rest of eternity. That itself would be at the top of her 'emotionally debilitating things that will take the rest of my life to recover from' list.

She stopped keeping track of what age Kang Yoomi would've been on this day.

It was the perfect day in every sense, and in all the ways only the universe can give. It was like a summer's day in May, the first-day blossom opened on the tree. It was there as Jieun opened her curtains, a beautiful nature's gift.

Every year she and her father would eat miyeokguk, otherwise known as Korean seaweed soup, as a traditional treat, then they would make a chocolate hedgehog cake.

The center was rich and sweet, the coating was double cream mixed with melted chocolate. Into that went chocolate buttons to make the spines and two white chocolate buttons for the eyes. The nose was a Malteser with a honeycomb center.

Yoomi always got the nose, that was all part of the fun.

The gates of the Kang estate loomed large, seven feet tall, and wrought stone; made to impress the commoners walking by. Jieun pulled out her phone. No new texts. She sighed and put it back in her pocket. Maybe he forgot? Jieun's face fell faster than a loaf removed from the oven too soon.