.12

"Well, the thing is-" 

"Your stalling Y/N" Taehyun interrupts, raising a singular eyebrow at me, waiting for me to actually answer his question.

He's right. I am stalling, and for good reason. I'm just hoping that something or someone will come in and give me an excuse to not tell him what is actually going on. But luck is testing me today by being on my side. 

I sigh and look down at my feet. "I can't Taehyun." I feel so bad but I just can't tell him, he wouldn't even believe me anyways.

"Fine, if you won't just tell me, i'll leave." I can hear the disappointment in his voice. It's happening again. Almost the same exact scenario as before when he left, except then I didn't know what was the reason for the dreams. Honestly I still don't really know what it is, that's what i'm still trying to figure out.

Taehyun starts to turn away from me, reaching for the door nob, but I won't let him leave. I can't. I hate just the thought of our friendship being ruined or damaged by some stupid argument.

I grab his hand and he turns back to look at me. When he does he is much closer than before, and I don't think he seems to notice, or care.

"Nothing you have to say is going to stop me from walking out that door." Why is he being so cold?

"Tae it's really nothing I promise. You don't have to worry so mu-"

"No. I do have to worry, I worry about you all the time Y/N and you don't seem to understand that. Every moment that i'm away from. you feels like the world will collapse. I care about you so much, more than you even know." He stops talking for a moment and looks at me. His eyes are glossy, and I can see the tears trying to escape, as if his eyes are a prison that they want to get out of and yet he doesn't let them.

Then he does the last thing I would ever expect him to do. He kissed me. It was gentle and yet it didn't feel right. He is my best friend, we can't be together even if I wanted to. I don't kiss him back and he obviously notices which makes him pull away and not look in my direction

"Yeah, that's what I thought would happed."  His voice sound shaky and quiet as he says those words. I don't have any chance to reply because he is already out the door. This time, I don't try to stop him. Whats the use honestly? He's not going to listen to me or stay after what just happened. He needs time is all.

And so do I.