CHAPTER 31

Chapter 31

FIFTEEN MINUTES before eight o'clock in the morning and Sasha were already sipping her Milk tea while patiently waiting for Duke Ashton Vega. Inagahan na niya ang pagpunta tutal wala naman siyang ibang gagawin sa bahay at nakapaghanda naman siya ng sapat na gatas para sa triplets. Her mother would be fine taking care of them. Hindi naman sila iyakin maliban nalang kay Savannah. But she knew her mother can handle it. Taking care of a child like Savannah is a piece of cake for her. Sasha knew it.

She took a deep breath when the chime of the door made a sound. Napatingin siya sa pinto at nagpakawala ng magaang buntong hininga nang makitang hindi si Duke ang pumasok. She's been calming herself for a while now but nothing change. Malapit na nga niyang maubos ang Milk tea pero wala parin. Walang nangyayari.

Let's see what will happen this time. I'll let myself hear him. Everything he said. But I can't promise if I can be the same as before. Maybe.. we need closure. Yeah, right. They need that. Iyon lang naman ang dahilan kung bakit nila ngayon kailangang mag-usap. They need closure. Nothing more, nothing less.

The chime made a sound again but this time, she didn't glanced at the door. Nagpatuloy lang siya sa pag-inom ng kanyang Milk tea hanggang manuot sa ilong niya ang pamilyar na amoy ni Duke. That perfume..

Sporting a white long sleeve button down polo and a black pants, he looks like a freaking God. Her jaw almost went slacked at that but thankfully, she managed to recover and cleared her throat before she embarrassed herself.

Umupo ito sa harap niya at tinuon niya ang pansin sa pagsipsip ng kanyang Milk tea pero panaka-naka niya itong sinusulyapan. Yes, he looks really handsome but she can see tiredness on his face. His eyes were puffy that it seems like he's been crying.

"I don't know where to start, to be honest." Paunang saad nito nang hindi siya magsalita. "I want to explain everything but I just don't know.."

"Let me ask you, then." Ibinaba niya ang hawak na Milk tea para ituon ang buong atensyon dito. She stared at him who's patiently waiting for her question. "when you were courting me, are you still married with Tatiana that time?"

She witnessed him swallowed and Sasha already know right in then that she's right. But she need to hear his explanation. She admit that her mind were close that time and refuse to listen to him. Masisisi ba niya ang sarili niya? Na masyado siyang nasaktan at gusto lang niyang umalis para iwasan ang sakit na 'yon.

"I am.." he whispered painfully. "but would you believe me if I told you that we're separated? That I don't want her to be my wife anymore? That I'm processing my divorce paper 'cause she won't sign on it? Would you believe me?"

She swallowed. She can clearly hear the sincerity on his voice.

"I.. I don't know, Duke."

"I know you would say that," mapait na napangiti ito at tumungo. "the reason why she won't sign the divorce paper was because of my wealth. Hindi niya gustong makipaghiwalay sa akin dahil alam niyang wala siyang makukuha kapag ganoon ang nangyari. She can't even use Ashton to get some money. Until recently, nalaman ko nalang na pinagbubuhatan niya ng kamay si Ashton."

Her eyes widened at that. "what..?"

"It was my fault. It was all my fault. Kung sana binigyan ko ng oras noon ang anak ko, sana nalaman ko ng maaga na sinasaktan siya ni Tatiana. Kung sana hindi ko palaging tinuon ang sarili ko sa pagtatrabaho, nakagawa na sana ako ng paraan para iligtas ang anak ko. Kaso wala.. wala akong nagawa."

She went agitated upon hearing what he said. Lumalim ang gatla sa noo niya at wala sa sariling napakuyom.

"Please tell me that Tatiana is not hurting him anymore."