6

Next day in college, Jungkook tried his best to smile at everyone just to avoid questions about his baggy eyes and pale face. Even in his lessons, he struggled to keep his eyes open which were threatening to close at anytime.

" Now tell me!" It was Jessie. As expected, Jungkook couldn't hide anything from his bestie and got caught red handed.

Jungkook sipped on his carton of flavoured milk and placed it on the cafeteria table. " Its nothing Jess. Like i said i just got unwanted thoughts about my parents"

" But you said you don't have any grudges against them, like you are not even mad or sad about them"

Yeah! Jungkook said that. He don't hate his parents unlike his other orphan mates. He don't know what situation made the couples to abandon their child, whether it was a willing decision or a forced one. So he thought there is no need for hating them. But that doesn't mean he loves them too.

" Yeah, but yesterday I got a bit emotional" he lied.

" Taehyung wasn't there?" Jessie asks worriedly.

" No, something came up, he was busy with work" he mumbled shortly.

"Awww jungkookie, you know that i love you right?" Jessie side hugged his friend, rocking him a little.

Jungkook smiled at that, a genuine one. " I know pretty" he hugged her back.

" Forget about them jungkookie. Why should we get worried about someone who doesn't even care about us. Moreover you have a mate now, you are not alone. He is your family and me too."

Jungkook gulped down nodding. He wasn't worried about his parents but about Taehyung. It wasn't his parents that made him cry all night but his mate. Even though what Jessie said was about his parents, he felt it all directed towards Taehyung. Why should he be worried about Taehyung if he doesn't care about him.

" Kooks?"

" Huh??"

" What were you thinking?

"..?"

"I asked what's your plans about study leave" Jessie asked again as her friend was zoned out for a moment.

Since their exams are around the corner, the university has provided them with one month study leave. He heard some of his friends planning to go back to their homes and some others to stay back in dorms.

" I would stay in my apartment" Jungkook said as a matter of fact. " What are you gonna do?"

" I am going back to Busan. Yesterday mom called me telling that she is dying to see me. A bit cheesy right?" She asked.

" Not that much" Jungkook giggled at her. " So isn't Jerry coming with you?"

" Of course. We both are leaving the day after tomorrow. So tell me, what you want when I come back?"

" I don't want anything."

" Oh just name it dear"

" I don't want dear. Just enjoy time with your family, that's all I want"

" Haa then i think i have to choose one by myself. Jungkook, why don't you tell Taehyung about your study leave. What if he got some plans" she encouraged the omega.

" Nah, he is busy"

" But you can try-"

" There is no need for that jess. Work is important" Jungkook said looking away from his friend.

" But not more than you." Jessie frowned at her friend. The omega wasn't comfortable talking about Taehyung. " Are you guys in any kind of fight? i mean couple fight? Waitt!! Is that why you cried?"