Eight

LUCA SEBASTIAN COSTELLO

Remember that test I didn't study for or take notes on?

I failed it, I don't know what the fuck I expected but it wasn't to get a 53/80. I'm a dumbass I stare down at my test and look over my answers.

"Yay I got an 80/80" Elle exclaims from beside me.

No need to rub it in my face.

"What score did you get Luca?"

"A 50/80," I tell her

"Are you serious Luca? I told you to take the notes"

"You know you can't play in the upcoming came on Friday if your grades are bad"

"I know"  hold the fridge of my nose

"Before you leave class! The retake test is on Thursday for those of you who got anything lower than 70" ms Redmond looks me straight in the eyes.

"Class dismissed"

"Hey Elle, I was wondering if you could tutor me until the makeup test?"

"tutor you?" She looks at me with wide eyes

"Yeah?" I smirk

"What do I get out of this?"

"You, sweetheart get to see me every day"

"isn't good enough. I'll think about it"

she walks away.

AFTER SCHOOL

"Costello!" Coach drivers yell

"you need to get your grade up! You have a damn E without a C or higher you cant play in the game against Cornell on Friday"

"I know coach" I sigh

if I don't get Elle to tutor me I don't know what I'll do.

"Since you decided to fail your test, you have to run laps until practice is over!" Coach shouts and Noah laughs and the coach glares at him.

"Since you want to laugh go run laps with your together"

I run around the field with Noah behind me "dude this is all your fault" Noah blamed his ability to hold in his laugh on me.

"It isn't my fault you can't hold in your laugh" I roll my eyes.

"If you didn't fail the test then we both wouldn't be her asshole"

"Shut up" I punch him in the arm and run ahead of him.

NOELLE ROSE SANCHEZ

"Bye Mia see you tomorrow" I wave to Mia as I step out of her car.

Mia and I have gotten so close throughout the couple of days we've spent together. I haven't spoken to Isabella after she bailed on me and I don't plan to.

Maybe I should consider hearing her side but I'm just so mad at her.

I walk into my house and look down and see heals and dress shoes that have to mean one thing.

My "parents" are home

"Mom? Dad?" I call out confused about why they're here.

"Hi honey" my mom smiles as she walks from the kitchen with my dad following behind her.

"Hey kiddo" my dad ruffles my hair.

"Hi what are you guys doing home?" I blurt out not meaning to sound rude.

"We can't be at our own house now?" They laugh

"I'll be cooking dinner because we have something to discuss, be down in about two hours"

"Ok," I mumble and run up the stairs.

I walk into my bathroom, wash off my mascara, change into more comfortable clothes, and head to my desk to do some homework.

2 hours later

"Elle dear, dinners ready!" Mom shouts from downstairs.

"Coming," I say putting away my now finished homework.

I come into the dining room to see mom and dad sitting and looking at me intensely.

Mom made spaghetti and meatballs.

I take my seat, say my prayers and begin eating. "So honey" mom suddenly says.

I look up from my plate. " I and your dad have been wondering how you're feeling, we haven't been home much as you were growing up but we want to change that now. We will be home more often. We want to make up for all the time we've lost with you" mom says with tears at the brim of her eyes.

"We never thought about your feeling and that's so selfish of us sweetheart, I hope you know we love you and want to form a healthy relationship with you," Dad adds on with tears in his eyes threatening to spill.

"Uh," I said dumbfounded as they both look at me with hopeful eyes.

What the hell am I supposed to say?

●●●

This is longer than the other chapters so that is a start?!? And I want to start writing another book I have so many ideas

I wrote half of this chapter sitting alone at lunch #girlboss