Ten

NOELLE ROSE SANCHEZ

"So the answer would be three hundred fifty right?" Seb asked, giving me a hopeful look.

"Oh my god, yes, you finally got it!" I exclaim. After 1 hour of teaching him, he finally caught on.

"Ok, now do the rest of the problems"

He grabs his pencil and excitedly starts doing the problems with no struggle. I watch as he moves his fingers with the pencil, as he smiles when he finishes a problem, as he furrows his eyebrows when he stumbles upon a problem he doesn't quite get, and at last I watch as he looks down at the paper with his pretty green eyes.

"Don't look at me like that Noelle, I can't focus"

"Like what?" I respond quietly even though I know exactly what he means.

"Like that," he says, referring to how I was staring at his lips while he was speaking.

"Are you almost done?" I say changing the topic, embarrassed that he caught me staring.

"Yeah, but I still need a little more help, fully understanding it. Can you come over tomorrow again?"

I give him a nod and a smile. Why does he still need more help even though he gets it now?

●●●

"Mom I'm home" I yell out into the empty-looking house. Are they even home?

I walk into the kitchen to see a sticky note on the refrigerator reading 'sorry honey, we had an emergency at work we'll be back tomorrow there's dinner in the fridge

I debate whether I should ask Mia to sleep over or not.

I don't want to be annoying but she's the only friend I have.

I grab my phone and ask Mia if she wants to come over so we can go to school tomorrow together.

She quickly replies with a 'Are you kidding, of course, I would'

13 minutes later I hear a knock on my door and rush to open it to see Mia with a bag in her hand soaking wet from the rain.

"Oh my god, come in" I hurry her inside so she doesn't catch a fever. I grab her a steaming hot cup of hot chocolate because that's the drink she preferred over mint tea.

Mia changes into a new pair of clothes and settles down on my bed next to me. We immediately start blabbering about random things.

We go back downstairs for some snacks and head right back into my room, to watch all the Spider-Man movies even though it'll take hours and we have school tomorrow.

Halfway through the movie Mia turns to me "I have something I need to tell you" she blushes.

●●●

Authors note

Authors note

by yobitches1234  <333
UH HEYY IDK WHY I ALWAYS DISAPPEAR THEN COME BACK WEEKS LATER BUT IM SORRY. AND IM THINKING ABOUT CHANGING THE CHARACTER AESTHETICS!

BTW PLS DONT BE A SILENT READER, I LOVE SEEING ALL YOUR COMMENTS!!