Nine

NOELLE ROSE SANCHEZ

I walk upstairs to my room and jump on my bed. Today was a long day. There's so much going on in my life right now.

My "parents" all of a sudden want to be my actual parents, the school's football captain wants me to tutor him and I'm in a huge fight with my best friend.

Usually, she would be here to listen to my problems and I would be there to listen to hers, but I haven't heard from her in a week since she's been mia.

●●●

"Honey wake up! You have school." my mom shouts through my closed door. I pull out my phone to see that she has woken me up, an hour earlier than I normally do for school.

I decided to get up even though my body is refusing me to.

Before going into the bathroom I grab my clothes yellow sun dress along with a pair of white converse since today is surprisingly a sunny day. I walk out of the bathroom all clean and grabbed my backpack.

I reluctantly walk down the stairs not wanting to face my parents.

"Elle dear, come down before your late." dad yells, unaware of what time school starts.

"Coming."

"Hurry and eat your breakfast, you're dad's dropping you off to school today." mom says throwing pancakes and bacon onto my plate.

I quickly drown down my food, rushing to get to school so I don't have to be around my parents.

I and dad walked out the door and into his car.
"I'm so sorry I've never been able to drive you to school kiddo" he apologizes like he never had the opportunity to take me when he did.

"It's fine dad" I sigh

I hop out of the car and into the school, way too early for my liking. I decided to go sit on the bleachers since the school doesn't start in 30 minutes.

sitting down on the bleachers I pull out my book 'The Notebook', I finished 'Pride' and 'Prejudice' yesterday night for the hundredth time.

It's such a good book. Fun fact, it's my favorite book.

The first time I read it, I was in middle school, 8th grade. I got it from the local library. Ms. Jackson the librarian let me keep it, I always wondered what happen to her after we moved away. She was too nice for her good.

"Is that Ellie?" I hear a distant voice yell.

I look up from my book to see luca, Noah, and the others guy, whose name I never quite got.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" With red cheeks of embarrassment, that they've seen me sitting alone at school so early in the morning.

"We had an early morning practice." Seb shrugs

"What about you?" The question, curious as to why I'm here, nearly an hour before the bell rings.

"Parents?" I shrug.

"Come sit with us." Noah urge's, pointing to the group of football players sitting in the middle of the field in a circle.

"No, it's fine," I say not wanting to sit with a bunch of football players and eventually embarrass myself.

"You're coming," Noah says in a final tone.

He drags me along with them, while Luca laughs "you'll be fine, don't worry." he says, trying to ease my worry.

I hesitantly follow them to the middle of the field.

"Guys, this is Ellie" I hear a bunch of "hey Ellie's" coming from the players. "Hey" I whisper.

I sit down and everyone gets into a conversation except Seb sitting beside me on his phone. He looks up when he feels my stare.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer."

I roll my eyes "you should be nice to me if you're expecting me to tutor you"

"right"

"Have you thought about my offer?" he questions, seriously, like this is some business deal.

"The retake date is inching closer and closer, please" he tries to give me puppy dog eyes to convince me.

I feel bad if he doesn't get to play on Friday, it'll be my fault and I'll regret not touring him plus I'll make extra cash so why not?

"Fine."

"Plea- wait what? You'll do it?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks, Noelle."

"Finally" out of nowhere Noah exclaims "he's been so desperate! I told him to ask Abigail to tutor but he insisted on you doing it."

"Shut up asshole," Seb whispers to Noah like I'm not right there.

The morning bell rings and all the players separate into their classes.

"Bye Ellie, you're sitting at lunch with us" Noah demands, as he heads towards his class.

●●●

sorry for taking so long I had insane writer's block and i was failing like all my classes- but im passing now so im backk babezzz

TYSM FOR 2K

EDITED BY  yobitches1234 <333