Twenty six

LUCA COSTELLO

Coach yells from the other side of the field as he watches us practice our plays.

We've been practicing for hours.

On Friday we're playing against our rival school. the last game we played against them they won, but we'll make a redemption.

"I hate practice sometimes" my teammate theo sighs.

"Pft, sometimes?" Noah says leaning his hands on his elbows to rest.

"Do you guys want to lose this game?" I question.

"No"

"Hell no"

"Then get the fuck up and practice"

"Ok coach" Noah rolls his eyes at me.

Practice drags along with coach yelling and Noah whining.

● ● ●

"Practice is over, same time tomorrow

Walking to the locker room, I change out of my gear and into sweats and a hoodie.

"We better win that game after all that damn practice we've been doing"

"Practice?" I question

"you and theo have been slacking all day" I exit the locker room and walk to my car.

"We've still been practicing haven't we"

"Barely"

"Shut up," Noah says as he hops into his car parked beside mine.

Replying to the text noelle sent I pull out my keys and unlock my car, throwing my bag into my car I head home.

● ● ●

Right, when I open the front door I hear Noah pulling up into the driveway too.

I spare him a glance and walk straight into the kitchen for some food.

"Boys!, I made some lasagna it's in the microwave" mom shouts from upstairs.

"Thanks, mom" I shout back.

● ● ●

"How was practice?" Noelle's soft voice asks from the other side of the line.

I haven't seen much of her except for the classes we have with each other, other than that I've been too busy with practice to hang out with her so I'm taking any chance I have to FaceTime her.

"Exhausting, coach wouldn't give us a break"

"I'm sure it'll all pay off once you win the game" she smiles.

"With half of our teammates slacking I don't know if we'll win, losing them a second time would be embarrassing as fuck" I complain rubbing my head

I continue to tell her about practice and she listens, she tells me about her day and a new book she's reading.

"i'll see you tomorrow, baby"

Before we hang up we say goodnight and go to sleep.

● ● ●

A\N

I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AB FOOTBALL SO IDK HOW IMMA WRITE THE FOOTBALL GAME LMAO
*not edited