Chapter 8

MORE THAN A PRETTY FACE?

Pictures have appeared online of soon to be action movie star, and former supermodel Adrien Agreste, 24, showing he has exactly what it takes to be a real life hero.

Since the announcement, many have queried Agreste's new role in the 'Legal Blue' film series, stating that only reason the former model has been chosen was for his 'pretty face' and sex appeal, to both the female and male fans. His acting ability has been scrutinised along with his fitness levels, especially due to the brute force the character displays during the movies.

It's been no secret that fans have asked for a recasting with Chat Noir playing the iconic role. A petition circulating social media has earned the cat like hero 642,546 signatures asking for him to take Agreste's role, regardless of the mask.

However, all critics should now be silenced as the young blonde saved not just one, but two people from a fall in the Seine river earlier today, showing he has everything needed to be France's new superspy.

A young boy (unnamed), 6, had fallen into the Seine whilst out on a walk with his mother. The young woman screamed for help but was quoted saying how 'nobody stopped to help until an unknown girl launched herself into the river and towards my son'. Onlookers described how he fought against her as she attempted to drag him to safety. Lucky for both civilians, Agreste was jogging nearby and took it upon himself to save not only the boy but also the woman, (also unnamed).

Agreste dragged the boy to safety before having to take a second plunge into the depths of the Seine and save the woman too. Onlookers held their breath as Agreste swam to depths unseen, finding the woman and bringing her back to the surface.

Once all were safely on shore, Agreste launched himself onto the woman taking her into a tight embrace making us question who this girl is and what she is to Paris' sweetheart. With Adrien appearing less and less on Vivica's side, is there trouble in paradise? Or does Adrien have a little secret on the side?

Twitter has gone crazy with theories as to who the mystery girl could be, guessing right from Adrien's secret lover; to 'Ladybug' in her civilian form.

One thing's for certain though, here at 'Mode Mania' Adrien Agreste is an everyday Chat Noir, and we'll always be safe when he's around.

•••••

Marinette sat with her hands wrapped around a cup of warm coffee as she seated herself at the breakfast bar in her apartment, scanning through the news articles on her laptop. She was flicking between looking for a new phone and reading the updates on the news websites, each of them displaying pixelated photographs from earlier and her unexpected trip in the Seine. She was chilled to the bone, and even with the help of the kwami's she was still dithering after three showers and a very, very long soak is a crazily warm bath. Still here she was, phoneless, sitting at her breakfast bar chugging down almost boiling drinks whilst being wrapped in her thickest tracksuit, plus a blanket draped across her slim, shaking shoulders.

She looked at a picture of her and Adrien, wrapped in a tight embrace, and although she knew the hug was entirely harmless, Vivica was going to eat it up. It had given the woman a piece of ammunition to use against Adrien, and Marinette felt disgusted at herself. Tikki had tried to talk to her, saying that maybe Vivica wouldn't know it was her, but even though the picture was grainy, if you knew who Marinette was you could quite easily tell it was her. The dark hair and blue eyes still shone out of the picture for all the world to see.

A more pressing matter at the moment though was the lack of communication to the outside world. She needed to get a phone and fast, but it was an expense she hadn't budgeted for. She let out a sigh and dragged one hand down her pale face. Her stomach churned and then growled, the intense need to be sick overpowering her senses. She closed her eyes and started to take deep breaths. Maybe the coffee wasn't mixing well with the disgusting water from the river, and the thought of food ... well ... she had no intention of eating for a while.