Chapter 33

AKUMA ALERT! AKUMA ALERT!

All citizens of Paris, this is a code black 'Akuma Alert' please make your way back to your homes, I repeat, this is a code black Akuma Alert.

Stay in your homes.

Code black: Chat Noir has gone rouge

•••••

Ladybug closed her eyes, bracing herself for impact as she felt her body cut through the air and possibly some bricks, too. Her stomach reacted with the free fall, itself moving up her body and trying to escape her throat. This was it. The moment she was going to die.

Her mind played through the happiness of the past week, her time with Adrien, of their love making and declarations, of their time together cooking and baking, Plagg and Tikki both complaining about their domesticality. They were made for each other, the time over the past couple of weeks only proving that more and more. They were each other's strengths and each other's failures and that had never been more true than now.

She could feel bricks and other items hitting her back, shoulders, neck and face, each one just another indication that something painful was about to happen, each of these mere fragments of the pain she was going to feel. The pain of her partner turning on her.

Chat Noir was still attached. She could feel him cling tighter, grasping onto her in a way she would have usually adored, but now she wanted nothing more than to break away. For him to let go and get away from her.

Ladybug braced herself for impact knowing full well it was going to come hard and unbearable against her back, once more being grateful for the indestructibility of her super suit. Though, even with the additional support, she still might be slightly winded giving her partner enough time to make his move and attack.

Scrunching her eyes tighter, she allowed Chat Noir to manoeuvre them, most likely preparing for her to hit the floor at full speed with the hopes of knocking her out.

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

One...

The oomph noise which sounded hadn't came from her. There was no pain in her back, or any loss of consciousness, everything seemed relatively normal. Maybe this is what death felt like? Sudden and without pain.

Relaxing her eyes, but keeping them closed she could smell the dust in the air as it circulated around them, an after effect of her partner's power. An indication that this was real; she hadn't died, she was still here.

Talking of her partner. She felt his arms slowly release from around her body, a groan leaving his mouth as one arm completely removed itself from her body. It seemed the original oomph she'd heard came from him.

Pushing hard against his chest, her eyes shot open and she stumbled backwards away from him, taking the opportunity to move away from his next attack and reach for her yo-yo, preparing to respond if she needed to.

Solidly in her battle stance, she watched as Chat Noir coughed and sputtered before standing up to his full height, one hand brushing dust from his black suit and the other messing in his ear.

Where they'd fallen to was dark, darker than her eyes were used to giving her a disadvantage against her partner. Only the dim light of day streaming through the roof and casting shadows onto the floor, allowing her limited vision of the area and allowing her to create a plan.