Chapter 9

C'EST LA 'VIV'?

Hold on your hats people! We have some breaking news which is going to blow your mind!

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past twenty four hours, you will know that Paris has a new hero, but this time without a costume. Adrien Agreste, 24, is now going head-to-head with Chat Noir for France's favourite hero, all thanks to the ex-model's heroic actions saving two people from drowning in the Seine river yesterday.

We are still yet to receive any information about the young boy or woman that he saved, but we are sure they are grateful for the blonde's quick actions and incredible swimming skills. However, one person will be more grateful than the rest, and that is Adrien's wife. Vivica Agreste, 23.

The model has allowed us here at 'Mode Mania' to print a little exclusive and all we can say is prepare yourselves.

Vivica invited one of our reporters to spend the day with her as she prepared for her up and coming photoshoot alongside her cousin-in-law, Felix Graham de Vanily, 24, and we couldn't help but notice the huge eternity ring joining her engagement ring and wedding ring on her left hand. When questioned Vivica gave us some exclusive information.

'There could soon be a pitter patter of tiny feet running around Paris.'

It seems Paris' number two couple are in the midst of trying for their first child and the wide grin on her face could indicate they may have already succeeded on their journey to parenthood.

Only time will tell but we are all very excited to see the most beautiful baby.

•••• 

Adrien sat staring at the man in front of him. He didn't know why he'd bothered coming, it was the same feelings every time. At first he thought the visits were out of obligatory requirements; it was his father after all, so he should go see him. But over time he began to see it for what it really was; a way to make sure Gabriel didn't pull any more of his old tricks.

The sun shone down, causing Gabriel Agreste's silvery hair to shine brightly in the sunlight, the flickers of white becoming more prominent as the unblemished colour began to take over the bulk of his hair. As always it was pushed back and styled, even if he couldn't do it properly himself anymore.

The older male was in his silk pyjamas, different to the ones Adrien saw him in last week meaning Nathalie must have dropped by for a visit. She was here a lot more than he was, a regular visitor of Gabriel's.

Gabriel.

Adrien couldn't remember the last time he referred to his father as anything other than by name. He wasn't a father and there was no way he'd ever been a dad. He was nothing more than a sperm donor, a worthless piece of shit Adrien couldn't wait to see the back of. Adrien prided himself on trying to see the good in people, but Gabriel Agreste didn't even have the slightest morsel of good inside him. He was pure evil, he knew that now.

The years he would put Gabriel first were now far behind him. The want to please him had become a distant memory from another life and Adrien wanted nothing more than to get away from the Agreste name, but at the moment it needed to stay. It needed to stay with him whilst he completed this charade that he'd begun. Somewhere inside him was still the sweet, naive Adrien Agreste, and meeting with Marinette again had begun to revive it from the depths of his darkness, he was stronger with her, he always had been.

Adrien was now working for no one but himself. His life was now what he wanted it to be, his own needs and desires at the front - only one left to succeed with and that was getting through this divorce and finally shedding light on the web of secrets his father had captured him in.