02.

Kori Savanna 🐘 | Stockton CA
March 22nd

"You and Raniya going to that party tonight?"Mar asked as we stood in my kitchen

My dad was gone to Atlanta so he was here watching over me and the house.

"Maybe."I said shrugging.

I grabbed my cranberry juice before drinking some. I was debating on if I wanted to cook breakfast not.

I looked over at Mar as he typed away on his phone. He stood 5'11 with brown-skin. His brown eyes glowed as he stood if front of the window where the sunlight beamed through. He wore grey Nike sweats and a wife beater with Gucci slides.

I'm not going go lie Mar was fine as hell and had a good heart but I knew what came with him so I wasn't going to put myself in that position.

"Did you hear me?"He asked cutting me out my thoughts

"Hmm"I said raising my eyebrow.

"I'm about to order something do want anything?"He asked

"I'm good"I said. He gave me a nod before walking out to the living room.

I grabbed some raspberries out the fridge before going upstairs to my room. I opened the door seeing Raniya sitting up against the headboard.

"Not you up before 1 p.m. on a Saturday."I said with a light laugh.

"Don't come for me."She said waving me off.

I sat on the bed before holding out the raspberries seeing if she wanted any.

"I just brushed my teeth they gone taste funny."She said

I nodded

"Jayybo invited me to his party want to go?"I asked her

Jayybo is "my big brother" we've known each other since we were in 5th grade, him and his twin brother work for my dad.

She looked at me funny.

"Are you okay?"She said touching my forehead a couple times

"I'm perfectly fine."I said laughing.

She was always the one asking if I wanted to party, I hardly ever cared or kept up with them.

"But yeah we can go i haven't been out the house in weeksss."She dragged

Raniya got out the house almost every weekend, but every since her mom had her baby sister Kaliyah, she's slightly beem suffering from PPD, so Raniya had to step up and help out. This weekend her grandmother came down from San Francisco to give her a break.

"We outsideeee tonight."I said standing up on the bed making her laugh.

"Dead homies."She said swiping her hand under her neck.

I laughed because Raniya used more of a guy's lingo then she did female.

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand then went to me and my dad's message thread