THIRTEEN

Alexandra wasn't really sure what happened or how she had become so involved in this mess. However, it confused her even more when she found herself missing the warmth which had radiated from Klaus' body as he carried her to her home. They were in her room; he was standing as far as possible from her and pacing back and forth with a furious look on his face. "If my mother tried to kill me and my siblings I think I'd be furious too." She decided to herself, sitting on her bed while her eyes followed his movement.

"Did she say anything to you?" Klaus asked, coming to a stop and staring straight at her eyes.

Alexandra shook her head, "Nothing that you didn't hear." She paused for a breath, her eyebrows furrowing in the process. "What do you think she meant with what she said?" When he didn't reply, she decided to clarify, "The parts about the fate placed upon me and your redemption."

He gritted his teeth and she could see the tick of his jaw, "You should rest. I will find you later." He left her in her room staring at the nothing and understanding nothing.

➽───────────────❥

"How are you feeling?" Rebekah asked sitting on the other end of Alexandra's bed. She had just gotten out of shower when Rebekah came over to check on her. She was surprised by the early visit the original decided to give her, but it kind of warmed her heart all the same. "I could use a friend. She could use one too."

"Like I had been taken by a thousand-years-old resurrected witch. So, fantastic." Alexandra retorted sarcastically with a stoic face. "I think we're kind of friends Bekah, but your mother is a bitch."

As much as Rebekah felt good about having a friend, she couldn't help but feel upset. So, sh sadly mumbled, "Don't I know." She the shook her head, and gave a small smile. "Is it my brother? The vampire you told me about?"

Alexandra let out a short sigh and turned her gaze away from Rebekah. "I..." She shook her head, "I don't know what's really happening."

Rebekah raised an eyebrow, "You like him. That much is obvious. And honestly, I think he likes you too." Alexandra looked up quickly with disbelieving eyes, which made Rebekah laugh. "Elijah and Kol told me how worried he was when you lost conscious last night; they said he was furious when he knew mother... Esther, took you."

Alexandra took her hand and held it tightly, "I can't begin to imagine how you feel." She didn't think Rebekah wanted to talk about her mother though, so she have her a teasing grin then said, "So, what's up with you and Matt Donovan? I saw you together at the ball."

Rebekah scoffed, "He was one of those bad ideas."

Alexandra nodded, "From what Jeremy told me, I don't think he would he up to start anything with a vampire." The thought of Jeremy made her a little sad; she had expected him to show up for her at some point. "He mist have known what happened."

➽───────────────❥

"I was supposed to be the one who killed her. Damon, I lost." Stefan said pinning his brother with his confused look. "Why did you do it?"

Damon knew that Stefan had been off human for sometime. He knew his brother couldn't afford to lose someone he loves, and by that, Damon knew Stefan wasn't ready to lose Elena. Damon wasn't shy to voice his thoughts to his brother, but before Stefan could form a retort, Elijah walked in.

"Are you ever not in a suit?" Damon's sarcastic comment didn't seem to hold their usual bite, which made Stefan knit his eyebrows together in skepticism.

"Are you ever not in black, Mr. Salvatore." Elijah said with a stoic face. However, once more Stefan felt as if they were talking as if they were long-time friends.

"What brought you here, Elijah?" Stefan asked walking closer to the original.

Elijah glanced at Damon, "I have business to attend to with Damon." His gaze shifted to Stefan, "Privately." Stefan turned to Damon, the unvoiced question clear to the three and when his brother nodded his head, Stefan gave him a longer suspicious look then walked out of the house.  He decided it was time to check on Elena, anyway.

Damon let out a sigh, "Look, if you're here to talk about last night, I was drunk and we were talking so..." Elijah gulped the rest of his words when his lips captured those of Damon's. He held his neck possessively taking control of the kiss.

There were so many things telling Damon to push him away, to stop this from going on, but he found himself giving in and instead of shoving him away, he gripped his jacket and pulled him closer.  He felt Elijah smile against his lips before he pulled away. "If you were about to say it was a mistake, then you're wrong. I think we both enjoyed it."

Damon raised an eyebrow, "Is the gentleman original offering to be friends with benefits?"

"Is the playboy Salvatore asking for a title?" Elijah asked with a lopsided smile.

"I'm going to regret this." Damon thought, but pulled Elijah into another kiss. 

➽───────────────❥

It was getting dark Alexandra and Rebekah heard a knock on her door. The latter knowing exactly who it was, the smell of him and even the sound of his heart had somehow become familiar just with that one encounter they had after she left Damon's offer of a one night stand.

She followed Alexandra silently and once the door opened Jeremy threw his arms over Alexandra. "I'm sorry I wasn't there."

She wrapped her arms around him. "It's all right."

However, Jeremy knew it wasn't. He knew she wouldn't blame him or tell him how angry she was at him not being there for her. "It isn't. I know it isn't. I didn't know, when Elena told me what happened I came here straight away."

They pulled away and he got inside, but Alexandra noticed the strange look he gave Rebekah when he took notice of her presence. She looked at the original with a raised eyebrow and knowing look, but she looked away. 

Hello beautiful people,

I hope you like this chapter, and thank you so much for each read, vote, and comment.

Lots of love 💕,
Alex xoxo