THIRTY SEVEN

To say Finn was wary of his siblings would be an understatement. He stood in front of Sage in a defensive stance when Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Kol entered the parlor. Klaus grinned at them, "Hello brother."

"Niklaus, I'm only here because I want to find some peace with the woman I love. Therefore, I ask you to give me your word that none of us shall be hurt by your hand or any of your followers." Finn said with a stoic expression.

"So granted, brother." Elijah was the one to reply, taking a step forward. "We only wish to eliminate the danger that mother represents."

"Which she wouldn't have had you not decided to become her sacrificial lamb." Kol said with a roll of his eyes.

"Tell us where she is Finn." Rebekah added, "Then you shall go on your merry way with the wench."

"I do not know where she is." He retorted, which earned him several glares. "However, I know what she has planned. A plan which she will excute soon enough."

The siblings shared worried looks, Klaus was the first to speak, "Pray tell, Finn. What's that plan of hers?"

"She's going to use the human girl bonded to you, she thinks she's the only way to end you, Niklaus. Forever." Finn answered.

Rebekah moved forward, feeling protective of her only friend, "And how is she going to that?"

"She will take her blood once more, redo the binding spell on all of us..." Finn explained.

"But this time, you shan't put your life beneath her feet." Elijah stated strongly.

Sage reached out, touching his shoulder, "He doesn't want that anymore. As he said we only want to live together in peace." Finn nodded his agreement.

"But mother is strong, she can take us down if she so wishes." Finn said with a solemn look.

Elijah then recalled the missing stake. He wondered if his mother was somehow connected to the history teacher.

➽───────────────❥

Stefan knew he shouldn't be there, for all intent and purposes it was wrong. Damon set the question in his his mind, is it love or just an obsession?  He knew he cared for her deeply; Alexandra would always have a place in her heart.

"I'm concerned about you." Stefan started staring at her with worried eyes.

She let out a sigh, and sat on the chair in front of her desk. "This is bout Klaus again, right?"

"I love you." Stefan dropped the bomb.

He didn't want to say it like that. He didn't want to ambush her with the feeling he had deep on his heart for so long. However, he couldn't hold it, not with knowing what he knows right now.

She felt beat of her heart thud so strongly and vibrating in her chest. Staring at him unblinkingly, she wasn't sure how to retort. Another memory of their time together came to her mind.

"I think the greatest strength is to allow someone to see into your heart." Stefan told her while taking one of their strolls.

She hummed in agreement, "And who did you let to see your heart?"

Stefan stopped with that familiar gentle and sweet smile on his face that she came to really like. "Not the right one, I can tell you that." There was a short pause, "What about you?"

She titled her head, a thoughtful look on her face, "I think I didn't have the time." She chuckled and her eyes brightened, "You know I think Jeremy sees my heart more than anyone else. I didn't even let him, it just happened."