THIRTY EIGHT

Jeremy knew when he heard her voice that something terrible happened. He was at Rebekah's room , and she was right next to him as Alexandra told her tale about what happened with Stefan.

Knowing her, he was sure that it wasn't the only thing that bothered her. "I'm at Rebekah's." He informed her out of nowhere, he wanted to make sure that she wouldn't share something that she wouldn't want the original to know.

"That's alright." She hesitated for a second, sniffing slightly, "I can call later if you guys are doing something."

Rebekah scoffed, grabbing the cell from Jeremy's hand, "Don't be stupid. I can come over right now and we can have a girl's night in or something."

Alexandra chuckled, "That's alright. I'm just way too depressed right now."

Jeremy sat closer to Rebekah to say over the phone, "But this isn't only about Stefan, is it?"

There was a heavy pause followed by a long sigh, "I don't know what's wrong with me anymore. I feel like I'm faulty you know. I never thought that one person can do this to me, I wake up and I think about him. I fall asleep thinking about him. And I wonder whatever I did wrong that made him hate me so much so fast."

"My brother is wanker." Jeremy turned to her with a raised eyebrow, "What?" She shrugged her shoulders, "I know Nik doesn't hate you, if anything what he's doing right now is a sign that he cares."

"He's got a great way of showing it." Jeremy mumbled.

"I said the same thing." Alexandra added.

Rebekah let out a breath, "You two don't understand. What we've been through, what Klaus has seen." She shook her head sadly, the said, "This spell, it's dangerous, Alex. Do you have any idea how many enemies my brother made over the years?"

"I know he sees me as a weakness, Bekah. There's no need to point it out." Alexandra snapped.

"Because you are." Jeremy gave Rebekah a scolding look at her words. "It's the truth. But it isn't only because of the spell, but because he also cares about you." She stiffened for a second, "Nik is back, we've got to go." With that she hung up.

Jeremy turned to her, "Is he here?"

She only nodded, and walked out of the room with his after her. They met Klaus in the foyer, "Gilbert, I see you and my sister are getting real close." Klaus said with a sly look.

"Rebekah rolled her eyes at him, "None of your business, Nik." She raised an eyebrow, "Where's Elijah."

"Hunting a witch we know to break the spell."He walked away from the two, "I'll be in my room, try and keep it quiet."

Once Klaus closed the door to his room, he sneered at himself. He needed this bond to broken. The way he was feeling wasn't something he ever thought he would. One thing he would never admit, he missed her.

Alexandra, in the very short time he got to know her, had stolen his heart. "It's that damn spell." He thought angrily. He needed this ache in his chest to go away and disappear.

He had been lurking in the dark like a creep, watching her every now and then. Just half an hour ago, he saw Stefan jumping into her room and that drove him into blind fury which led him to drain two random people dry and finish an entire bottle of scotch.

He remembered what she asked him to take a chance with her. "Worst case scenario, you can kill me." Her words echoed in his mind, "Bloody hell."
➽───────────────❥

Alexandra woke up, looking groggily got the glass of water she had on her nightstand only to see a figure standing in the dark corner of her room. She jolted out of bed, turning on the lamp next to her.

"What on earth are you doing here?" Her voice shook with fear as she saw the woman standing before her.

The woman smiled, trying to look soft and tender, but malic was clear in her eyes, "Don't fear, child. I do not intend to hurt you."

Alexandra scoffed, "Yeah right. Said the woman who took my blood and tried to kill me along with her children. Then tried to kill me again because I'm connected to her hybrid son. I'm sorry if I cannot believe you."

She knew that using sarcasm in the face of such a strong and quite an ancient witch was unwise. But she didn't care at that moment.

Esther took a step out of the corner, closer to Alexandra but maintained a good distance between them. "I only wish to rectify the wrongs I've made. However, my intention is never to hurt someone innocent." She stood at the foot of the bed, "I can see your innocence, Alexandra. It's bright like a beacon. Perhaps it's what attracts my son to you."

"You didn't come here for a chitchat, did you? Are you planing to kidnap me again?"

"I only wish to make you see what you don't understand. I've tried to show you before, but I assume that it wasn't enough. Let me show you what you're getting yourself into by being in my children's lives."

Alexandra narrowed her eyes, "I know what they are, and I can guess what they did."

"Yet you still think that you love Niklaus." Esther tilted her head, "It's such a foolish notion." She paused for a second, "Let me show you the truth and then you'll get to decide what to do. I've found a way to unbind you from my son. Your life shall be spared only if you helped me."

Alexandra took a second to contemplate the the idea, then she gave her a firm nod. "I want you to tell me everything about the life bond, I want to know every single detail. Then I want you to tell me why you're so eager to kill Klaus. But we can't do this here. My father could be home any minute."

Esther nodded, "We shall meet at the cemetery, tomorrow at noon. There we can discuss the terms of our deal."

Alexandra gave her a firm determined nod, "Agreed."

Esther thin vanished into this air, like she had never been there. Alexandra was left to stare at the space the witch had previously occupied. There was a plan forming in her mind, one she intended to fully go with.

A/N

Hello beautiful people,

I hope you like this chapter, and do you think Alexandra is bitter enough to side with Esther? Cuz that would be terrible.

Thank you all for every read, vote, and comment. They all mean the world to me. ❤️

Lots of love, 💕
Alex xoxo

If any of you know a good Elijah fanfic please tell me 🥺, I want one that doesn't follow the plot word by word, I find those kinda boring now. Thank you 💛