THIRTY ONE

Damon was in his room, waiting for Stefan to finish his shower so they could talk. Klaus had all but carried Alexandra over his shoulder like some caveman and flashed out of the house. He let out a sigh and wondered when would he get some peace and quiet.

Damon didn't think he would be praying for those things at any point, but lately he found himself imagining that kind of life. He imagined some beach house in a tropical island with the ocean and a lot of sun. He would wake up every morning to Elijah's face.

"You look lost in thoughts." Elijah said, surprising him with his presence.

"I thought you left." Damon stated.

Elijah only shook his head. He wanted to check on him first, because no matter what he says, Elijah knew how much Damon cared for Stefan. And Klaus threatening his life must have worried Damon.

"You should leave before Stefan comes out." Damon mouthed the words with no audible voice. They had agreed to keep their relationship a secret until things are settled. If they aren't settled later then they'd just leave together.

Elijah nodded, giving Damon a lopesided smile before pecking his lips and flashing out through the window. Damon could not contain the smile on his face, until he heard Stefan's shower turn off. He knew he would be in for a long talk with Stefan until he screwed his brain back in place.

➽───────────────❥

Klaus took Alexandra to her house and he went with her to her room. He didn't say a word to her since they left and she didn't have a chance to say much considering he ran at vampire speed while carrying her. She thought that dizzy spell won't go away for months.

Once in her room, she closed the door after them. He seemed in a hurry to leave, but she stopped him, "Are you trying to avoid me?" She was confused. He kept turning away from her, and whenever she tried to meet his eyes he would turn away. "What did I do wrong?"

Klaus didn't retort with words, the fury he felt wasn't voiced but properly shown as he grabbed her by the neck towards him and kissed her like he was trying to swallow her entire soul. His hand moved into her hair, pulling at it roughly.

She was shocked at first, but she kissed him back. She felt his hand grip her hip tightly, way too tightly. However, that wasn't the reason why she pulled away. Alexandra knew how he kissed her, there was always passion and fire. He would leave her breathless wanting more of him. But this time it felt different.

It was full of anger, and she wasn't even sure what he was angry about. "I don't want us to be one of those couples who never talk about their problems and just fuck it away." She tried to sound strong and defiant as she said the words.

Klaus smirked, "We were just kissing, love. There's no fucking involved anywhere."

Alexandra ignored the blush rising on her face, closed her eyes letting out a sigh, "Stop calling me Love!" She exclaimed then crossed her arms over her chest, "What is it? I get that you're mad about what happened with Stefan..."

Before she could continue, Klaus said, "Alexandra, do you have feelings for Stefan?" He asked her in all seriousness, "Do you think you love him? I've heard most of your conversation, I think he knew I was there and he wanted me to hear it even! Tell me the truth."

Alexandra bit her lower lip and walked towards the window giving her back to Klaus. She didn't want to give it too much thought, but she could hear a kind of waver in Klaus' tone. She wondered if he was jealous, if he sometimes felt as insecure as she occasionally would.

She knew he heard her conversation with Stefan, "As you heard, I did like him. I don't think it was love, but I trusted him." No one gave her the time to process the things she remembered or how she felt about them. However, Alexandra could say with certainty that whatever she had felt for Stefan couldn't be compared to how she feels about Klaus right at this very moment.