TWENTY SEVEN

They were both in Rebekah's car as she drove them to school. "You look lighter today, did something good happen?" Rebekah wiggled her eyebrows playfully, "Maybe something related a certain original hybrid?"

Alexandra laughed at Rebekah's teasing, she wasn't sure though if she should tell her or not. "You're in such a good mood as well. Is that related to Jeremy in anyway?" Although it wasn't confirmed by either of her friends, Alex knew something was between the two. Her feelings were never wrong, maybe sometimes, but she knew this time they weren't.

"Stop bringing him up every time I ask you about Nik." Rebekah whined which caused Alexandra to laugh.

"Whatever you say, dear friend of mine."

Rebekah scoffed but didn't say anything. They arrived at school and once they exited the car, Alexandra noticed Jeremy standing close by. He looked like he was looking for someone. When he perked up at the sight of them, she knew he was waiting for Rebekah.

"What's up?" Alexandra swore that his grin was from ear to ear as he saw Rebekah. She smiled secretly to herself, she could see them working well together. They both deserved something good to happen to them. The short time she had come to know Rebekah, she could easily see how she was starved from love for a very long time. It seemed like her biggest problem. When it came to Jeremy, his choices in women weren't exactly great. And he's been through so much pain and heartache.

"Nothing much." Rebekah retorted with a shrug.

Alexandra toned them out and swiftly left them to their conversation. She wanted them to speak freely just hoping that one of them would give a hint to the other. She was on the hallway, heading to her locker, when she saw Stefan standing right in front of it.

"That's going to be awkward." She thought to herself as the memory of her kiss with Klaus came to her mind, "And very embarrassing."

She let out a short sigh and put a small smile on her face, "Morning Stefan."

She could see the worry lines on his forehead as he furrowed his eyebrows together. He looked about ready to scold her or something. "Good morning, Alex."

She moved around him to open her locker, "Let's not 8gnore the elephant in the room, if you're here to talk about what happened yesterday."

"It shouldn't have happened to begin with. You know that!"

Alexandra grabbed her book and notebook, closing the locker she turned to him with a sigh, "Stefan, I know what you would say. But... I can't control how I feel about him." She tilted her head to the side, "I mean you know this better than anyone. You're crazily in love with Elena, and I'm pretty sure you know you shouldn't. But here we are." Alexandra began walking to her class, hoping that Stefan wouldn't really give her a reply. However, he followed her.

"You always mention Elena." He said it in a matter-of-fact tone. "Whenever I'm around you make sure to remind me of her. It gives me the idea that you know..."

His words hung between them, putting a stop to her movement. He didn't explain what she knows exactly, she didn't think he would. However, she remembered what Rebekah told her earlier. She pulled him by the arm away from the class and away from prying eyes to an empty classroom.

"Stefan, you're in love with Elena. That much we both know. I've been told that you might be feeling something for me, but I think it's just a passing attraction to someone you don't know." She told him with a soft smile and tender eyes. "I really think you're a great guy, but did you ever think that maybe you're only showing this interest in me because of everything that happened? Maybe you're trying to replace her with me."