SIXTEEN

Klaus didn't give her any kind of verbal confirmation. She wasn't a fool to hope for promises of happy ever after or a lengthy confession. Alexandra knew how Klaus was. He was an immortal, evil hybrid with no consideration to any life, human or not, Klaus wouldn't mind killing them. Despite knowing all of this, Alexandra decided that she got to see a bit of Niklaus, who was someone totally different. He was charming, attractive, a bit of a flirt, and cared deeply for certain chosen people.

Niklaus was the one who talked to her all those times. He was the one Rebekah would talk about on occasions from their days when they were human. The child who would take a beating for his sister. He was hated by the people who should have cared for him the most, paying for a mistake that was hardly his own.

Yes. Klaus didn't tell her in so many words that he would give her a chance. But she found herself waking up Tuesday morning with newfound energy, a big smile on her face, and a flattering in her heart. The ease she felt on that morning was further assured when she knew that Alaric was okay. It was like a weight had been lifted.

She took her shower and got ready for school. But she seemed to take extra care with the way she dressed. She wore a baby blue blouse, hoping it would compliment her eyes and skin tone, along with skinny jeans to show her figure a little. She would usually put her hair up in a messy bun, or even a ponytail. However, today she let it down at its full length. She used minimal makeup, just enough to enhance her features. 

She heard her father calling for her from downstairs, telling her to hurry up. She walked to him with a jump in her steps. "Someone looks overly cheerful this morning," Jerry commented then took notice of how she has dressed and the light makeup on her face. "And looking extra beautiful too." He was slightly confused, it wasn't how she would usually go to school. 

She shrugged her shoulder and was about to retort when she heard someone else talking. "I think that's my influence on her." Rebekah said coming from the living room and towards the kitchen. 

Alexandra whipped her head, surprised at seeing the original but happy nonetheless. Her smile turned to a grin, "Rebekah, I didn't know you were coming." 

"That's why I was calling you." Jerry said, "Come on girls, have breakfast then you can head to school." 

"Actually sir, I was wondering if it would  be okay to have Alex spend the night at my place, kind of like a sleepover." Rebekah requested politely and Alexandra's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

Jerry glanced at Alexandra, then shrugged his shoulders. "It's up to Alex." He gulped the rest of his coffee, grabbed his key then said, "I've got to run. Text me if you're going." And with that he exited the house. 

Alexandra turned to Rebekah, "What was that about?" 

"What? I thought we should hangout a little." Rebekah gave her an innocent look, but Alexandra couldn't help shake the feeling that there's more to it.

➽───────────────❥

Jeremy had been waiting at Alexandra's locker. He knew what happened the day before, and as much as he was worried about Alaric, he was even more concerned about Alex. He couldn't figure out how she had become so involved in everything. First it was Stefan, then Esther and Klaus.

His eyes fell on her approaching figure as she walked down the hallway with Rebekah next to her. She had a big smile on her face; Jeremy noticed that she didn't smile all that much. "It's like she's always trying to fit in the role of the villain." The thought seemed fitting. He had never expected to see Rebekah acting so young, like a teenager. The sound of her laughter hit his ears and he saw the way her head was thrown back.

"Hey Jeremy." Alexandra said once her eyes fell on him. However, she noticed how his gaze was fixed on Rebekah, who seemed to look anywhere but him.

As if he was snapped out of a daydream, Jeremy turned to Alexandra and his eyebrows furrowed, "I'm glad you're okay. They told me what happened with Alaric, and ..."

She shook her head and gave him a small smile, "I'm just glad he's okay as well. I didn't want to hurt him and he wasn't in his right mind anyway." Jeremy nodded, "Did you find a way around this double personality situation?"

"Not yet. Bonnie isn't really answering her phone. She's not willing to speak to anyone but Caroline." Jeremy let out a sigh, it was like the last straw between him and the Bennet witch. Things had been off for a while for many reasons, but once her mother was turned because of Elena, everything fell apart. She refused to talk or to speak to him. And if Jeremy was being honest with himself, that little fact didn't seem to faze him all that much.

Alexandra opened her locker and placed a couple of things there. She was about to speak when her eyes caught Rebekah staying a couple of feet away from them, looking like an outsider. "Hey, how about something?" She closed her locker and turned towards the two with a smile, "Why don't we all hangout after school? Maybe grab lunch or something?"

"I'm down." Jeremy's agreed quickly then his eyes drifted towards Rebekah. "Are you in?" He asked her a little hesitantly and when his eyes met hers, Jeremy fidgeted slightly then turned to Alexandra again. He could see how taken aback she was at his question.

"I have nothing else to do anyway." Rebekah mumbled with a nonchalant tone.

Alexandra knew something was going on, she just wasn't sure what it was exactly. The interaction of the two seemed off a little, like there was something between them. She grabbed Jeremy's arm, "You're going with the seniors or attending with us?" She asked Rebekah with an amused grin. The original was taking the whole school thing as a game to enjoy or maybe something to pass the time. "A way to kill her loneliness maybe" Alex decided to herself.

"I'll just see you later." Rebekah said then walked away from the two.

No sooner had she left, than Alex turned to Jeremy with squinted eyes, "What was that about?"

Jeremy shrugged, "What's what about?"

"Is there something going on between you and Rebekah? Is there something I should know?" Jeremy let out a shirt sigh but resumed his walking. "Come on, you have to tell me!" When she felt like he wouldn't talk, she said, "Fine, don't tell me. But then I'll tell everyone about that little incident when we were thirteen."

Jeremy gasped, "You wouldn't dare!" Alex gave him a look that clearly said try me, and he relented. "Look, it was at the night of the ball. I had a late shift at the Grill and she came over."

Jeremy was cleaning one of the tables when he saw her walking in. The place was fairly empty and they were about to close anyway, so he was annoyed enough at recieving a customer, let alone an original. He let out a sigh and shook his head. He would have to serve her; he was the only waiter around.

There was something different about her, and when she sat down he noticed the trace of tears in her eyes. She looked like she was crying. "What can I get you?" He asked once he arrived at the table she chose.

"Anything that can get me really drunk really fast." Her tone didn't hold the usual bite in it. The bitchy attitude was not present either, and Jeremy wondered what could have possibly happened to make her that way.

"Whiskey?"

"But bring me the whole bottle." 

A/N

Hello beautiful people ♥️,

Did you miss Alexandra? I sure hope you did, and I hope you liked this chapter too.

Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting on the story. They all mean the world to me.

Lots of love 💕,
Alex xoxo