Chapter 17

He was nervous. Sleeping in the same building as prince Yuen? He didn't like it... but as they stepped back inside and Zen hurried to dry his master, he acknowledged that there could be far worse situations. The man had earned just enough of his trust for him to calm down as he finished dressing his master for the evening. 

Once he was done, he turned, intent on finding the other prince so that he knew exactly where he was, but warm fingers wrapping around his wrist stopped him immediately. 

Zen turned back around with a curious smile, but when he was met with his master's unhappy frown, his lips turned downward. 

"You should not walk around like that," Qi said as he quickly grabbed a towel and began patting down Zen's damp, naked body. He made sure that he was completely dry before helping him into a light undergarment robe. 

I am always naked around you...

Qi covered Zen's chest a little more than necessary with the robe, then tied the belt tightly before leaning back with a reassured expression. 

"One more moment. Please turn around," He said as he grabbed a length of silk from one of the dressers nearby. 

He was perfectly capable of tying back his own hair, too, but he did as told without an ounce of hesitation. If his master wished to do it, then he would gladly accept the assistance. 

Except... when his master had finished, Zen found himself with quite a few extra lengths of hair before his eyes. He reached up to brush the most bothersome bit aside, but Qi was already tucking it behind his ear with careful fingers. Instead of removing them afterward, however, he allowed his fingertips to slowly but gently travel downward along his jaw until he was cupping part of his face. 

"I suddenly feel as if I have been asleep for a long, long time. When did you become such a handsome young man?" 

Unsure of what to say, Zen licked his lips and looked down at his bare feet. That's when he realized that him and his master were standing nearly toe to toe. The hand resting against his cheek calmly moved its thumb beneath his jaw at that moment, then tilted it upward until their eyes met once more. 

"Why are you embarrassed, my Zen?" 

Was he? He truly did not know. Though after a few moments of thought, he reached forward and began writing on his master's chest. 

"My heart is beating fast again. Perhaps I am getting sick." 

Qi grinned, looking as if he planned to poke fun at him a little, but then calmed his smile and sighed out a calming breath as he reached up to pat Zen's hair. 

"I promise you. You are healthy and well. Your heart is just trying to tell you something in a language that you do not quite understand yet." 

Before Zen could think more on the subject, Qi turned and sat himself down at the table and began pouring himself a small cup of cold tea. 

"Do as you wish until I finish my tea. Afterward, I'd like to rest for the evening," Qi said with a knowing look that Zen didn't understand. 

Either way, he nodded and without really thinking, immediately turned to seek out the other prince. The man was easy enough to find. He was in the bed originally intended for himself. He found that he didn't really mind. It was not his real bed and he had barely even touched the thing since being there. 

Zen observed him silently from a decent distance away. He was resting rather haphazardly on his belly, all of the blankets from the bed beneath his bare body. It was clear after only a few moments that he was completely and utterly out cold.