resign

"Okay," Minjoo holds up her hand, expelling a resigned sigh as she slumps against her seat. "I'll send my resignation letter soon."

Her friends immediately cease their cheers, their expressions souring. The one with tied-up black hair scoffs, shaking her head as she taps the table in front of them. "No, your soon will take up a month at least. We need you to resign in a maximum of a week."

"What Yena said," the beauty with black hair let loose on her back quips, nodding. She pauses on sipping her drink, pushing the blue-colored beverage away to turn in Minjoo's direction, and jabs her index finger repeatedly against Minjoo. "We're not doing this because we're desperate to have you in our office, but we're worried about your working environment. Your boss is an asshole, why would you need to stay for another month?"

"The payment is better, I agree," says the brunette in front of Minjoo. Much like Yena, she taps the table in front of them while she speaks. "But I still don't get why you're so adamant about staying on that place. You need a work environment that makes you comfortable, not just because the pay is great!" She points at Minjoo's hair. "You said it yourself you're so stressed that your hair is falling off. Then fucking quit!"

"I just need the courage to send it, that's all," Minjoo smiles sheepishly with her hand scratching her nape. "You know how big of a jerk he is. I'm scared of his reaction."

"How about this," Yena proposes with a scheming smile. "Make a bet. If you won this bet, we'll wait until you're ready. If you lost, you send it now and face your fear. He's only human, he won't chase you till the end of the world."

Hyewon barks out her laughter. "Please, he doesn't even move from his chair."

"Fine," Minjoo inhales. "I'll send my letter if there's this woman of my criteria walk inside this cafe. First, blonde. Natural or dyed, I don't care. Two, she must dress like a milf. Three, I know I said milf outfit but I actually want her to look cute. Four, I'm adding just to increase the difficulty but she must be Japanese."

"Bet," Chaewon exclaims quickly, snapping her fingers and swinging it in the direction of the door, where they can see a woman walking in. "Because that's your woman right there."

Three pairs of eyes immediately grow in size the moment they turn their head in the direction Chaewon pointed. Hyewon's jaws went slack, Yena suddenly coughed after her drink went down the wrong pipe, and Minjoo looked like she wasn't breathing.

Blonde hair. Wavy, cascading down her shoulder elegantly. She's not wearing something provocative, but the outfit of her choosing just screams MILF ALERT at them. Her beautiful face has a cute, innocent vibe despite the professional makeup adorning her face.

"No way she's a Japanese, right?" Hyewon hazards, skeptical.

"Why don't you—Minjoo? What are you doing?"

"I just sent the email," Minjoo mutters, still with her eyes trained on this woman that just entered the cafe. She gets up, making sure she's as presentable as possible before staring at Chaewon dead in the eyes. "I'm asking for her number."

COUGH