[ I ] FIRST ENCOUNTER

MIN ARI

MIN ARI

The cold breeze of the wind brushed my skin as I walked near the seashore. I roamed my eyes around the area first before squatting on the sand.

No one else is here but the sea, moon, stars and me. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Peace. I raised my right arm while leaning my left hand against the sand. I closed an eye and slowly pointed the stars one by one, trying to make a shape out if its constellation.

I scoffed when it lowkey formed a recognizable pattern.

Crown.

Until here, I really can't still escape the palace, huh?

"Your Highness..." I clicked my tongue when I heard a familiar voice behind me. "Princess Ari." She called once again. This time, with authority. I rolled my eyes before confronting Ms. Kang, the head court lady.

"What?" I answered, although I already know what's her purpose of coming here.

"It's almost dinner, Your Highness. The guests will soon arrive. You need to prepare." She stated without an emotion plastered on her face. Ms. Kang has always been like this. She's very serious with her job as if her whole life depends on it.

"Five more minutes, Ms. Kang." I looked away to face the sea again.

"But-"

"Just five minutes." I sighed and hugged my knees. I heard a harsh exhalation behind my back. This situation must be stressful for her as well.

I just pursed my lips and stared at the waves that were crawling gently to the shore. I closed my eyes and inhaled the briny scent of the sea for the last time before standing up.

Ms. Kang immediately rushed towards me to dust off my clothes. I held her hands to stop her and arched my brow, "I can do this thing alone, Ms. Kang."

"I am sorry, Your Highness." She bowed. I harshly took a deep breath before secretly rolling my eyes. I walked past her and made my way to the palace.

"Your Highness, I suggest this dress. This will surely make the Prince of Ariaden fall head-over-heels for you!" Jana giggled, one of the court ladies that is assigned to assist me in this kind of things.