[ XVII ] YOU'RE TALKING TO MY WIFE

MIN ARI 

I don't even know how things went this fast. I just found myself in a room, alone, and somehow, scared. The wedding finished about an hour ago and just like the tradition, we are ought to stay in one room.

I looked around and realized this is Sunghoon's room. I stood up and traced all the picture frames that were hanging on his wall with my eyes.

When I saw Sunghoon's toddler photo, the corner of my mouth quickly lifted, as if it had its own life. He looked innocent, back then, and well, cute.

I was about to grab the frame for a better view when the door opened. I turned around and saw him walking aggressively. My forehead creased at the sight of it. I took a step back yet he halted when he saw me.

Didn't he notice me earlier?

"You're still awake." It was not a question. He was stating the obvious so I mentally rolled my eyes. I walked towards the bed and sat on it.

"I was waiting for you."

He swallowed the big lump on his throat and looked away. He muttered curses under his breath before looking at me again, "I'm sorry. I just had a talk with the other princes. You know I can't just..."

I calmly nodded and smiled at him. Of course, it was understandable. He can even stay there for a little longer if he has to and I won't mind.

He sighed and stared at me, "We don't... have to do it now."

"Do what?" I raised my brow and bit my tongue to stop myself from smirking. I was scared earlier, now seeing him hesitating like this strangely made me feel a bit excited.

"Do the... you know. We can just skip that part. Let's just sleep." He removed his coat and grabbed a towel somewhere, "I'll just take a bath."

"I thought you wanted a baby already?" And just like that, my lips parted in a smile. I saw how he clenched his fist tightly. He was still turning his back at me so I can't really see his reaction so I decided to stand up.

"Sunghoon?" I was about to touch him when he suddenly pushed me away. It was not that hard, but still enough for me to take a step backwards.

"Stay there..." He uttered as if he's calming something within him, "Fucking stay there."