[ XIV ] I DON'T TRUST YOU

MIN ARI 

I don't want to believe anything, but his eyes were very sincere and almost pleading. I could see a ghost of frustration in his face. He wants me to believe him, "What is Lady Via doing inside your room this morning, then? And in her lingerie?"

"I don't know. I lost contact with her a long time ago. I was not expecting her to come here—"

"You lost contact?" I scoffed, "So you two were close before? Was she your fuck buddy, huh?"

Sunghoon halted and tilted his head. His jaw then clenched, "Your mouth, Ari."

I glared at him and forcefully removed his hand on my forearm, "What's wrong with my mouth? You're trying to change the topic! Answer me! Was she your fuck-"

"For goodness' sake..." He sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose.

See? He can't deny it because it is true!

"Fine. You don't need to answer it." I gritted my teeth and looked away. I suddenly felt a soft touch on my face. He tilted my face making me look at him,

"I don't fuck someone who's not my wife, Ari." He seriously said. I stared at him for long, trying to decipher this foreign feeling. His hand slid down from my face down to my shoulder, slightly squeezing it, "Calm down, okay?"

His voice was very soft and gentle. It was my first time hearing it. I have always known him as someone who despise me very much. I wonder what made him change right away.

I cleared my throat and looked away. I thought something to ask him to somehow ease this awkwardness I am feeling, "The deal you made with King Hyunjin. That was very unlikely of him to agree immediately. What was it, Sunghoon?"

I felt him stiffened in front of me. He slightly sniffed and removed his hand on my shoulders, "You don't have to worry about it."

He couldn't properly look at me as if he's guilty of something.

"Sunghoon." I sternly called, "I will never give Miren up. No matter how wrecked it is already. I will never give it up. Even if it means sacrificing my own life."