[ VII ] CHANGE OF PLAN

MIN ARI 

"Why won't you let me go? I need to visit Miren!" I said almost in a pleading tone. Sunghoon squeezed my wrist as he glared at me.

"What's there to visit?" He clenched his jaw as he drew his face closer, "Miren has fallen, Ari."

I swallowed hard and shook my head. I held his hand on my wrist to loosen his grip but he's way too strong, "No... what if there are survivors-"

"Fuck this. Why can't you understand? Accept it-"

"Easy for you to say!" I pushed him away, tears were streaming down on my face. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from sobbing. "It isn't Ariaden which has perished. You parents are here, breathing fine, while mine..."

I heaved a sigh and looked up, "Easy for you to say, Sunghoon..." I muttered under my breath.

His expression gradually shifted. He swallowed hard and slid his hands up to my shoulders, gently caressing it, "Forgive me, Ari... but I really can't let you go. Not yet-"

I scoffed at his remark. I removed his hands off my shoulders violently, "Not yet? So, what? You're going to eventually let me go? Do it now, Sunghoon! Fucking do it right now!"

He gritted his teeth as he slowly plastered an irritated expression on his face. He tightly held my wrist again, dragging me inside my chamber. Jana was about to follow us, but he quickly closed and locked the door.

"If I say you're staying here for now, then you're staying, Ari." He pushed me hard, causing me to fall onto my large bed. I whimpered slightly because of the pain I felt on my wrist.

I immediately rose to my feet and glared at him, "You don't have the rights-"

"I have the rights!" He spoke authoritatively. His voice rang out throughout the room, "I am your husband."

I scoffed hysterically. I approached him and leveled his glare, "I am not yet your wife, bastard."

"I will make sure that will never happen. I can't imagine my life with you. I'll just end up pitying myself." Slowly, the corner of my mouth raised, "Do you want me to tell the truth, Sunghoon?"

"I despise being with you. If I were to choose, I'd choose Alas. I could've marry-"

I groaned when he tightly held my arm. I could feel his nails digging into my skin. He clenched his jaw as strange emotions that I couldn't put into words appeared on his face. I didn't take my mischievous grin off to irritate him even more.

"Why? Am I wrong? You're an asshole, he's not. Alas is better than you." I added.

"You don't know what you have gotten yourself into just by saying that, Ari." He sternly said under his breath. I pursed my lips when he tightened his grip on my arm even more.

It hurts so much.

"You want to marry him? Go on... but can you?" His expression slowly shifted, he smirked, "No matter what you do..."

"You are trapped here, with me, Princess." He added, carefully enunciating every word. I took a deep breath out of frustration. This bastard surely knows how to annoy me very much.

"Fuck you." I unconsciously said. I don't know. I feel like cursing him.

He loosened his grip on my arms. The playful expression never left his face, "Well, fuck you, too."

He turned his back on me, walking towards the door as he went out. I flinched when he slammed the door shut, causing a loud thud inside my chamber.

PARK SUNGHOON 

So, you want Alas, huh? I am sorry to burst your bubble princess, but you will end up marrying me. I will make sure of that.

When I saw Heeseung approaching, my blood began to boil. I was reminded of what Ari had said. To think that Alas has an interest with her made me annoy even more.

"Conference room." I locked my gaze on him. He just innocently raised his brows, perplexed by my behavior.

"Pardon me, Your Highness?" He asked as he creased his forehead.

"Stupid. Prepare the conference room." I clicked my tongue and walked past him, leaving him confused.

Alas and the others were staring at me, waiting for me to say something. Their expressions were befuddled, I clenched both of my fists before closing my eyes. I took a deep breath, "I will have a change of plan."

I could hear slight gasps coming from them. Alas, his gaze was fixed on me even more, anticipating my next statement.

"I won't give her up." I unconsciously gulped. Alas raised the corner of his mouth little by little. Well, of course. He was against handing her over to Pria.

"They want war?" I looked at the six of them. They were all focusing their attention on me, "I'll give them war."