[ IX ] TRUST AND DOUBT

PARK SUNGHOON 

I massaged my forehead while busy reading the documents. I halted when the door creaked open as one of my people entered the room. He bowed first before handing me a coffee-colored envelope.

"Someone sent this to you, Your Highness." I exhaled before receiving the letter. I opened it and read its content,

To: Prince Sunghoon of Ariaden.

Try betraying me, Park Sunghoon. Ariaden will surely shed blood :)

I don't have to wonder where it came from. It's obviously from the Pria Dynasty. I annoyingly put the letter down and leaned on the backrest of my chair. I played with my lips while staring out of nowhere.

I then looked at the person who handed me the letter, "Have you seen Princess Ari?"

He shook his head, "I did not, Your Highness. But she is probably already sleeping."

Right. It's almost 2 am. "Thank you. You may leave." He bowed before turning his back on me.

I stood up and fixed myself before going outside. I decided to visit the Princess' favorite place. I always wonder how Ari is able to cope up things just by visiting her garden.

"I can take you to Miren, Your Highness. We'll pass through the back gate."

I halted when I heard a familiar voice inside the place. I crouched and hid behind a bush for him not to notice me,

"How about Sunghoon? He'll get mad once he finds out." My forehead creased when I heard another familiar voice. Ari? What is she doing here with him?

"I'll take the blame." Heeseung answered and whispered inaudible words. I clenched my jaw when he held Ari's hand as they exited the garden. I stood up and followed them with my gaze.

I sighed to calm down before marching back to my office. I took of my coat and threw myself on the couch as I massaged the bridge of my nose.

The door opened revealing a knight under my command. He bowed, "Your Highness, I am sorry to disturb you, but did you ask Alas for an errand? I saw him with the Princess a while ago."