[ XXXII ] MEMORY LOSS?

THIRD PERSON

Ari woke up with Sunghoon by her side. She almost screamed when she realized how close his face was to her. "Hey..."

"Are you feeling better now?" He smiled to her softly. Ari's heartbeat fastened because of that. She coughed and low key checked her look before facing Sunghoon again.

"Yeah, I guess so." She smirked, "What are you planning to do today?"

"The usual. I just passed by to check on you." He ran his fingers through Ari's hair and stared at her face, "I was really taken aback when you confessed you liked me yesterday."

Ari almost held her breath. She bit her tongue before slowly feeling the heat on her cheeks, "That... that was..."

"You confessed to me that you actually liked me the first time we met. You know, Ari..." His fingers ran down to caress her cheek, "You know how romantic our first meeting was. We talked and found out we have the same interests. We got along together immediately."

She laughed awkwardly out of embarrassment, "Right? I was captivated of how gentleman you were, Sunghoon. Uh... and... uhm. It's true that I already liked you when we first met."

Sunghoon halted and stared at her for a while. He gritted his teeth before he continued to move his hand to caress her cheek, "Do you still remember where we first had our conversation?"

She smiled and held his hand on her cheek, "It was on our first meet. At my garden. I am really interested in plants, and you said my hobbies were amazing."

Her smile faded when she saw his expression, "Or am I wrong..." She faked a cough and massaged her temple, "Actually... uhm. Is it because I hit my head? I don't know, Your Highness. I can't exactly remember some details for now."

"Rest, Ari. I'll just go to my office." He slightly smiled and messed her hair before he went out of her room. Ari pouted and felt frustrated because she can't remember some details of her past. Although, the doctor said it was just a Grade I Concussion. Hence, major side effects are most unlikely to occur.

She just stared out of nowhere until she heard something.

"Ari! Pst!"

"Holy—" She covered her mouth when she saw a figure on her veranda. Her forehead slowly creased when she realized who it was, "Sunghoon?"

He laughed and clapped his hands to dust off some dirt. He walked towards her and scanned her face, "Hi!"

"But didn't you just went out of the room..." Her face can't almost be painted. She's so confused. "How come..."

He pouted, "Look at my eyes."

Although confused, she still did, "No, you don't have eye boogers."

He almost fell out of balance because of what she said. She didn't recognize him. Before, she was able to recognize him at one glance.

"It's me..." Sanghoon. "Actually, I was just... uh practicing my climbing skills. Haha! See? It's effective! Anyways, bye!"

She gasped when he jumped from her veranda. It's fortunate for him since there weren't any guards around the place that time. Sanghoon used the remote area of the palace to escape.

"I was looking forward meeting her again, though... why didn't she recognize me?" He talked to himself as he caressed his horse. He's dazed. He can't understand why she wasn't able to differentiate him from Sunghoon, when in fact, before, it only took her one glance.

"Why are you here?"

"Heeseung-hyung..." He stiffened, "I—"

"Sanghoon, you're so stubborn! I told you I'll find the right time for you to reveal yourself here!" He gritted his teeth and harshly squeezed Sanghoon's arm, "Did anyone see you?"

Sanghoon gulped before shaking his head, "I just came here to see how Ariaden is. I apologize. I won't do it again next time."

Heeseung harshly exhaled and nodded, "Now, get lost."