one

this is the sequel to guilty so this will NOT make sense if you haven't read it yet.

before you start reading, please read that first and then come back to this one.

if you HAVE read guilty already, averill will NOT be in the first part of this book. billie and averill are NOT together.. yet :)

the first part of this book might be a little confusing, but it'll start making more sense as it goes on.

with all of that being said, i hope you guys enjoy<3

-

annalisias POV:
senior year of high school. let's do this shit.

i walk into my rather small high school that i've been going to since freshman year. i honestly don't know how this school hasn't gotten shut down yet. i mean the air conditioning doesn't even work.. but i only have one more year left so.. oh well.

i have mrs. maria for my first period this year. i've somehow had her every year and she's fucking amazing. she never gives us homework and she's really chill. she's a little on the older side, maybe late 60s? she said was retiring soon. she teaches math  and i was actually pretty excited to see her. like i said, she's an amazing teacher and always has been.

school starts at 8:00 sharp and it's now 8:20. oops? already late on my first day. it's not my fault.. i wanted to look good and actually try for once. can you blame me? i'm sure mrs. maria will understand. she always has.

i run into school and head to my first class of the day, advanced math. i find the room that it's in this year and fling open the door. room 107.

i quickly find a seat and sit down. "already late on the first day?", i hear a voice call out. i look up to see who it is and i see a younger girl. she looks to be about her 20s. she has black hair and not gonna lie she looks hot as fuck. this is definitely not mrs. maria.

"um who are you?", i ask with a little bit of attitude laced in the tone of my voice. "if you got here on time, you would know. i'm your new chemistry teacher, ms. o'connell. mrs. maria retired", she says in response. "oh so i'm stuck with you now? you literally look like one of the students", i say honestly. she doesn't say anything back and continues teaching. um ok?

so.. mrs. maria is gone. we have a new teacher that looks like she could be a student here. she's.. not gonna lie kinda hot.... this should be fun.

i pull out a piece of gum out of my bag and pop it into my mouth. i sit back in my chair, man spread. i take out my phone and just go on it. you're funny if you think i'm gonna just listen to some bitch that's probably just a few years older than me.

a few minutes go by and i feel eyes on me. i look up and see the new teacher standing right in front of me with her hand out. fuck. just my luck.

i roll my eyes and place my phone in her hand. i hate her already. "oh and that's a detention for you on friday", she says back while walking away. as i begin to speak up the bell rings and everyone starts quickly collecting their things and making their way to their next class.

i stay behind a little bit so i can get my phone back. what was the point of even taking it? class was literally basically over.

i walk up to her desk and she just looks at me. "do you need something?", she asks dryly. "um yea.. you have my phone?", i say back. "you aren't getting it till the end of the day", ms. o'connell says. "you can't do that", i say, this time more with an attitude. she raises her eyebrows in response and lets out a little laugh. why the fuck is this bitch laughing?