eight

averills POV:
(a/n: SHES BACK BITCHES)
so.. it's my sisters birthday soon. i was already planning on going to see her and my mom since it's been years, but my lease was almost up where i'm living now so.. long story short i'm moving.

right now i'm about two hours from them but soon, i'll be not even two minutes. i'm moving into the same apartment complex as them. i don't know if it's a really good idea, or a really bad idea. i guess we'll see.

i'm currently living with drew and laura. yup, we've stayed friends since high school. (a/n: if i hear ANY of you say 'who tf is drew and laura'.. i will MAKE you read 'guilty' again)

the apartment we're moving into has four bedrooms and three bathrooms. from the pictures it looks huge and the view is super nice too.

we're leaving tomorrow morning and i've spent the whole week packing and cleaning. as much as i hated moving, it was nice to have a fresh start. i was also excited to see my sister and my mom again. like i said, it's been years.

when i first moved in with drew and laura, i thought i was gonna hate it. i don't really like people if i'm being honest, but we all respect each other's spaces and it hasn't been that bad. on top of that, the apartment that we'll be moving into is even bigger. like a lot bigger.

drew usually just stays home mostly. she does graphic design or some shit? i'm not really sure but it's online. laura is either at work or with her boyfriend. she works at the coffee shop right down the street from us. we all help out and pay the rent and laura's boyfriend will also be moving in with us so that'll be four people splitting the rent.

right now i'm doing photography. i'm actually getting payed a lot more than i thought i was going to get payed. i'm moving to an even more popular part of LA, so i'll be getting payed even more than i am now.

i've been single since high school. by choice may i add. i just haven't found anyone that i like like. not yet at least. i'm pretty picky so.. yea. i hope to find someone where i'm moving to. well that's my hope at least. we'll see what happens.

my mom had moved into an apartment when i finished high school and my sister went to go live with her and that was that. she didn't move very far from the house we use to live in.

"you got all of your stuff together?", i ask drew. "yea i just gotta wipe down everything before we go", she tells me. i make my way over to laura's room and see that she isn't there, so i go back to drews room.

"where's laura?", i ask. "she's helping her boyfriend pack", she tells me. "oh.. ok. i want to leave by 2:30 am tomorrow. it's not that long of a drive but you know how LA traffic is", i tell drew. "aight. i'll tell laura. she's the one who is always sleeping in until noon", drew says and i nod my head.

laura and her boyfriend were going in his car and drew and i were going in ours. we technically didn't have to all leave at the same time but just to make it easier, i would like to.

                                            -

i woke up at 2 am. i ended up only getting 2 hours of sleep but.. oh well. i made sure that everyone was awake so we could still leave on time. everyone was surprisingly up.

we loaded all of our stuff into our cars and we ended up leaving around 2:30, like i wanted to. the apartments are already furnished so thankfully, we didn't have to worry about getting furniture.

like i said it's only a 2 hour drive but with traffic it'll probably be double that.

~time skip~

after a few hours of driving, we finally made it there. it's about 6:45 now. i parked in the parking garage and you have to walk a little bit to get to the apartment so i already know it's gonna be a pain in my ass to have to make multiple trips just to get all my shit out of my car.