|1| Where it all began.

"Y/N Orlova, bы должны быть в блоке ячеек (you're required in the cell block)" was what blared from the speaker in my own cell. I wasn't exactly confined to the space, being allowed to leave it between 7am and 6pm everyday so long as I notified someone of my whereabouts. The room was cold, dark and it only contained a thin mattress and toilet in the corner. In hearing the order I rose off of my 'bed' and quickly changed, finally pulling shoes on as a guard unlocked my door. It was slightly before 7 but that was okay, so long as I went straight to the cell block and didn't deviate, I'd learnt my lesson last time. It was a painful one, one that I could revisit by merely glancing down at my scarred side, but I made an added effort not to look at my body.

I swiftly walked towards the stairs, taking two at a time as I headed up several flights until I reached the correct floor. There were guards stationed at this door 24/7 since the people that lie beyond it were nothing short of criminals, maybe not to the outside world but certainly to us. To HYDRA. They looked at my face intently, asked for my name and then scanned a list of people allowed through. After some time they finally deemed me acceptable, tapping a security card against a scanner which allowed for the door to release. They stepped aside and I rushed through, desperate not to keep my superior waiting. Strucker hated nothing more than lateness, maybe other than The Avengers.

He was waiting just inside the entrance, tapping his foot impatiently until his eyes finally met mine. The second his evil stare rested upon me I dropped my gaze and continued forward until I was a couple of feet away, waiting to hear my orders. "Orlova, you kept me waiting. I hate waiting."

"Apologies Sir, it won't happen again."

"You should know by now that an apology won't cut it." I had no time to prepare myself, his ring clad hand meeting my face with great force. He hit me so hard that I was knocked to the ground and  a familiar metallic taste filled my mouth. "Get up!" He ordered, and despite my still dazed state I rose to my feet, although it was with great difficulty. The second I was up straight he hit me again, except this time it was with the back of his hand, arguably more painful than his former method. My face was numb from his previous strike so I managed to stay on my feet, but I couldn't ignore the black spots that quickly appeared in my vision.

"Now that that's dealt with follow me, you have a new assignment." I did as he said, keeping my head down as I traipsed along behind him, although my steps were wobbly. The adrenaline had worn off now so my face stung and the tissue beneath throbbed in protest to his cheap assault. He loved to hit me, because he knew all too well that no matter how angry I got I would never fight back.

We passed twelve cells, I'd made sure to keep count, before we came to a sudden stop outside of number thirteen. This one was especially dark, without even one of the smallest windows on the back wall, so it took me a moment to spot its inhabitant. Finally I focused my still spotty vision on a somewhat small woman with her back to us, the most beautiful red hair hanging freely down her back. Strucker batted against the cage with his rings, the sound of metal on metal sending shivers down my spine. I was lucky to be allowed to roam free for most of the day, but on some days I'd be dragged from my cell in cuffs and tied to a chair for experimentation. That noise of dangling cuffs had become all too familiar, and I managed to hear it in all kinds of things.

After a few more aggressive hits against the cage, the red haired woman whipped her head around and focused on Strucker with a glare. I was slightly hidden behind him, but after a while she shifted her eyes to mine and I dropped my head. I was helpless, but I felt awful at the fact that I knew what horrors lay ahead for this unknowing woman. She was yet to be put through the hell that I knew all too well, the hell that had become my everyday.

"Y/N this is our newest 'recruit' shall I say. And she's extra special, can you guess why?" He turned his face to eye me now, but I kept my gaze down other than offering him a small glance. "No Sir, I can't."
"Ugh Y/N, you disappoint me. Our new friend here is an Avenger. Now, can you remind me of how I feel about The Avengers?" This poor woman was in for the worst treatment of all. I didn't want to say anything, to terrify her with what was to come, but Strucker gave me no choice. I'd already taken too long to reply so he smacked me up the side of my head, suddenly drawing my full attention. "Speak" he ordered.