|14| What's happening?

I'd stood in the shower for a little too long, entranced by the warmth it brought me. Now I was dried and half dressed, pulling on my dress. Once it was on I made an effort to do the zip up and after some struggle, I was pretty sure I'd managed to pull it up all the way.

After making sure the ugliest parts of my skin were covered I dared to step in front of the mirror in my bathroom. My face bare and my hair natural. That was when I realised I had no idea what to do in terms of makeup or styling. Not just that, but I had nothing of the sort to do either with.

Great, I'd have to bother Natasha again.

Looking at the clock I realised it was 5:30. Hopefully not too late but late enough that Natasha was ready herself, especially since she seemed like the more than punctual type. So after considering it for a while I finally bit the bullet and made my way over to her room.

Before I could knock I took a deep breath, hoping it would stop my hands from shaking and my heart from thundering in my chest. Natasha had that affect on me, every single time I thought about her or saw her. It was hard to ignore, although that didn't stop me from denying it time and time again.

I eventually knocked, very lightly but hopefully loud enough for her to hear else I'd have to build up the courage to try again. A tiring process. Thankfully though, after a few painfully long seconds, I heard footsteps on the other side of the door before it opened. I was greeted with her beautiful smile, although my gaze dropped to her dress fairly quickly. It was black, just like mine, but it looked like it was made for her body. Hugging her in all the right places, accentuating her best parts, which basically meant all of her. She looked amazing, captivating, breathtaking, she was and looked breathtaking.

However, before I stared at her for too long I forced myself to meet her eyes again and swallow before speaking up. It was like she'd actually stolen my breath.

"You look beautiful." That wasn't what I'd originally had in mind but I couldn't help but speak my mind, hopefully that would let it breathe again so I could actually think.

My words were met with an even bigger smile, one full of teeth, before her low and raspy voice met my ears. "Thank you, I have to say the same for you." I felt my cheeks redden in an instant, and the sudden heat that engulfed me was enough to spur me to speak before I fainted under her gaze.

"Hardly, but thank you. I was wondering, as long as you've got time and it's no bother-" before I could continue my tirade of self doubt Natasha cut in.

"Y/N, whatever you need, it's no trouble at all." Grateful for her interjection I let out another deep breath before getting straight to the point this time.

"Please may you help me with my hair and my makeup?" All of a sudden I felt more insecure than ever, vulnerable even.

"Of course, I'd love to. Come in." Her enthusiasm did a lot to kerb my self doubt, but it was always lingering somewhere in my mind whether I felt it or not.

She pulled out the chair from her desk and turned it sideways, ushering me to sit down when she caught me lingering by the door again. As I went to step past her to take a seat she lightly grabbed my upper arm, halting me where I stood. I immediately looked at her in question.

"Almost" she uttered with a smile before pulling on the zip of my dress. Her fingers lightly brushed against my bare skin, sending a shiver down my spine as she pulled my zip the rest of the way up. I really thought I'd done it.

"Oh, thanks." She just flashed me her smile before I took my seat, now facing her as she stood before me.

"What would you like?" I'd never really done my makeup or hair with my preferences in mind. No, they'd both just been another part of my deadly act. I'd just make myself as 'sexy' as I could, hoping to catch my targets attention pretty readily before using my looks to lure them away from the crowd and then complete my mission.