|19| Oh no.

When the doors to the elevator open we both step in, Steve moving to the back whilst I lean against the right wall.

"Operations control" he says.

A second later the computer responds, "confirmed."

Just as the doors to the elevator are about to close someone sticks their arm through, forcing them to open once again. When their face comes into view I immediately recognise the man at the front, Rumlow, who was accompanied by several other STRIKE team members.

"Keep all STRIKE personnel on site. Understood?" He orders the rest of his team.

"Yes, sir" they quickly reply.

"Forensics" Rumlow requests, to which the computer quickly confirms. "Cap, Orlova" he says as he looks between us.

"Rumlow" Steve replied whilst I just offered a curt nod. I still couldn't shake my uneasy feeling, and being crammed into a small box that was slowly filling with people didn't help.

"Evidence response found some fibres on the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the tac team ready?" Rumlow asked Steve.

"No, let's wait and see what it is first."

"Right." Rumlow offered before turning around to face the doors.

Just as he did the elevator stopped and the doors opened, only to reveal even more STRIKE team members. They stepped inside along with a couple more men in suits carrying some pretty heavy deputy briefcases. With the added members Steve was now pushed into the middle, whilst I kept myself against the wall despite their pushing.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Fury. It's messed up, what happened to him." Such a way with words Rumlow.

"Thank you" Steve and I offered, almost in unison.

Looking around, the man to my right caught my attention. The elevator was air conditioned, a cool relief from the hot air outside, but he had beads of sweat trickling down his forehead. My eyes flickered to Steve only to catch him noticing the same thing. Maybe he was nervous for a meeting, or maybe he was nervous about whatever it was that had me on edge.

The elevator stopped again and three more STRIKE team members climbed aboard, except these guys were being led by Rumlow's right hand man, Rollins, who gave both Steve and I a glare before giving Rumlow a knowing look.

It seemed that Steve and I were on the same page, that our dear friends the STRIKE team were going to take advantage of this closed space to take us down, because we briefly met each other's gaze and gave a nod of understanding. Shit was about to go down.

"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Steve offered. No going back now.

In one quick move Rollins spins on his heel and attempts to electrocute Steve with a baton, but he managed to disarm him. In a sudden rush someone grabs me in a tight head lock, allowing for no breathing room at all, whilst I look up to see Steve in the same predicament. They attempt to trap Steve to the wall with an electromagnetic handcuff, but they only manage to get it around his wrist, not stuck to the wall, before he manages to pull his arm free of its attraction to the metal panel.

I send my head flying back into the nose of the man who has his arm strung around my neck, forcing him to loosen his grip whilst he groans in pain. I used this window to reach down and grab one of those heavy duty briefcases, swinging it upwards into his chin and he slumped to the ground.

Amongst the chaos Rumlow managed to release another electromagnetic cuff, this time successfully attaching Steve's other wrist to the wall. He then pulls out his own electrified baton and tases Steve in the side with it. I throw the briefcase across the elevator and it slams into the back of Rumlow's head, causing him to falter for just a moment. This gave Steve enough time to land a punch to his face that sent him flying into the wall.