2. She's To Cute To Not Even Try

Nicole's POV

When Nicole gets home from the jazz club she immediately pulls out her phone and checks her messages. She asked Kristen to send her a text to let Nicole know when Kristen got home safely, she still hadn't received one. She knew Kristen was taking the train back home which tended to take more time than driving through the city if the traffic wasn't a daunting rush hour, so instead she called Aiden. Aiden who had somehow thrown her into taking Kristen under her wing.

"Hellooooo," he sang when he answered the phone. "We just left and you miss me already?"

"I can't believe you set me up like that," Nicole said calmly, she knew she could give much of a reaction right there at the table when Kristen was right there. Nicole didn't want Kristen to feel like she was a burden or unwanted, but Aiden had been out of line at dinner.

"I know you've been missing someone to take care of! It's been six months since your last sub!" Aiden tells her.

It wasn't a lie, it had been a long time since Nicole had a sub to take care of but it wasn't terrible that she didn't have anyone. It just made her realize how big her house was, how much useless money she had in her accounts, and how quiet she was. It wasn't terrible to spend her free time on her own... just lonely after a while.

"You also haven't been to any parties lately either, you're a hermit." Aiden says and Nicole can guess he's rolling his eyes at her. "You've almost completely fallen off, what do you even do in your free time now?"

"I've just been working more, I guess," Nicole shrugs and walks to her kitchen grabbing water from her fridge.

"Working in your library is awesome but you can't just shelve books and read to kids for the rest of your life." Aiden tells her

This time Nicole rolls her eyes "Actually that's exactly what I plan to do, Aiden, thanks for noticing."

Aiden gives a dramatic sigh into the phone. "I think you and Kristen could be a great match Nic, please tell me you'll consider it, maybe it will get you out of the rut you claim to not be in."

Nicole is quiet as she thinks about Kristen, she's a beautiful girl definitely with long blonde hair that reaches down to her stomach, thick light brown feathered eyebrows, wide pink lips, all on a diamond shaped face. Her eyes were the clearest shade of green she had ever seen, there was no questioning the color of her eyes at all. She was so pale but her skin radiated like a gem and when she smiled she noticed she had dimples, one deeper than the other. It was a cute little trait she noticed about her.

"If she wants to do research I will happily provide her help and answer any questions she has." Is what she says instead

"And if she asks you to be her domme?"

"I will cross that bridge if we ever come to it,"

"Oh you will," Aiden laughs "Girl I gotta go, my boyfriend is being a brat."

"Later man," Nicole says and hangs up.

Nicole had just gotten herself comfortable on her sofa and turned on Netflix when her phone dings with a notification.

Maybe Kristen: Hey, it's Kristen, just made it inside my apartment. Thanks for being so kind at dinner, I'm sorry Aiden was trying to set us up.

Nicole smiles as she types back her response. Nicole: You have nothing to apologize for, even though what he did was a little uncalled for. I had a great time with you and would love to get to know you further. If you have any questions with your research please let me know.

Nicole watches as bubbles appear to let her know that Kristen is typing, then the dots disappear, then reappear, and finally a message back.

Kristen: Would you happen to know a good starting place?

Nicole had a feeling this was going to be coming so she had personally gone through her favorite intro articles and found one she felt Kristen would appreciate. She sends the link.

Here try this one: A Loving Introduction to BDSM by Psychology Today

The response is immediate, a simple smiley face and Kristen: Thank you very much

Nicole was very fond of this article in particular because not only did it give the very basics of what BDSM was but also where BDSM originates, overview of the meaning of it, consent, safe words, and how scenes were (most of the time) talked about in advance and choreographed. Nicole felt like a beginner that this article would make someone want to do even more research and pull them into the universe a little more. Nicole was curious, did Kristen fit more into bondage and discipline or the sadism and masochism?

It sounded like more than anything Kristen wanted a caregiver, someone to make decisions, and give them her full attention when they were together. Kristen hadn't really said anything about sex at all, but the way Aiden was looking at her during dinner let Nicole know she was probably more kinky than she let on. She was a lesbian, it was very hard to be 'vanilla' when it's two women in bed pleasuring one another.

It was pretty late at night for Nicole, forty five minutes after midnight but she had put on a movie and decided to relax until her eyes felt too heavy to keep open anymore. She was halfway through her movie when her phone dinged with another text message from Kristen.

Kristen: Well I know for sure if I wanted to do something like this... I wanna be the bottom/submissive. I make enough choices in my daily life to figure out the sexy ways to torture somebody.

The message makes Nicole laugh.

Nicole: Learning your role is a great first step to see what you are and are not comfortable with, why don't you check out this book The New Bottoming Book by Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy with this link you can also sample the first couple pages of the book. It's very informative and about embracing, loving, and finding confidence within your role.

Even though this book wasn't technically for beginners it was one of Nicole's favorites and she kept it in her own library. It takes a little bit longer for Nicole to get a response to this message but when she does she's very happy with it.

Kristen: This looks very informational, thank you, I just bought it for my kindle.

Nicole grins.

Nicole: You're very welcome, let me know your favorite parts or any questions you have.

Kristen: Sure! Thanks for your help, I'm gonna start reading until I fall asleep, enjoy your night!

Nicole wanted to respond and let Kristen know it was actually morning but remembered Kristen was a jazz singer, she would only be getting off work an hour or so ago. She probably was on a nocturnal schedule. So instead Nicole responded with 'You as well' and continued to watch her movie with a little feeling of hope blossoming in her chest.