Chapter 15 (Part 4)

Before I could take another breath, he turned me around and nuzzled his nose into the crock of my neck, relaxing against me. I couldn't help but follow as his body pressed mine against the wall, applying a comforting weight against me.

I hadn't noticed that my eyes had drifted shut as I listened to my heart pounding in my ears until they shot open when Ryder's lips claimed mine again. Unlike his fevered attack earlier that left embers in its wake, this time his tongue was a comforting balm.

His hands traveled down my sides and hitched my legs up over his hips. I pulled away from his lips with a gasp as my hands reach up to clutch at his shoulders as my feet lifted me off the floor. His forehead softly met mine, forcing my head back. It was difficult to focus on the panic at being lifted suddenly when every breath I took was filled with Ryder's calming scent.

Too bad he had to ruin it by opening his mouth.

"I'm going to be in so much trouble."

He pulled back to reveal a satisfied grin that contradicted his groaned words, ruining the moment.

He let me drop my legs back onto the ground when I fought against his hold, swatting at his chest to show my displeasure, but he didn't make a move to step back, keeping me caged against the wall.

A light breeze had me shivering as it cooled the wetness that coated my still bare ass, reminding me to pull my pants back up. It also reminded me of Ezra's words of warning as we left.

He had heeded the warning...

It was a grim reminder that if I ever wanted to have a child with anyone, I would need to have one with a certain stormy-eyed King first to avoid complications.

But there was no rush, I had years now... decades... centuries...

I swallowed thickly, focusing back onto Ryder in an attempt to stop my mind from spiraling at how long my life had been extended. Just the past year I hadn't expected to live past the next few, but now...

I shook my head, locking my eyes onto the crinkled material of Ryder's shirt. I reached a hand out and fingered the bottom of it, realizing I hadn't gotten to touch him much. My hand continued, drawing a light shiver from him as I reached beneath and began to trailed them up the hardened planes of his stomach.

I looked up at him through my lashes, blinking innocently.

The fire that answered in his eyes had the one that was cooling flare up again. I smiled at him, covering the effect he had on me with a tilt of my head.

Snaking another hand up his side, I pulled him closer, catching him off guard.

Reaching up onto the tips of my toes, I reached for his lips, placing a light peck that he reached down to assist me with before slowly pulling away until our lips just touched

"Since you're going to be in trouble anyway, why not win points in your favour as well? The levels of their anger don't vary much." I wasn't blind to the jealousy they tried poorly to hide when I gave one of them more attention than the other. It had been getting worse lately.

He pulled back further. His brows furrowed for a moment before they smoothed out.

"I'm listening."

My heart raced at the opportunity I suddenly found within reach. "All you need to do is be honest-"

I blinked to cover my reaction when he suddenly moved closer, the corner of his lips quirking up.

"But first, tell me, will I get to cash these points in for favours?"