Chapter 26 (Part 2)

His soft sigh drew my attention back to him. His eyes were watching me warily.

"Nea, I'm not asking for more than you're willing to give." He shrugged, trying to cover the sadness that had flooded the flaming, golden, orbs. Picking up a bowl filled with thick, whipped cream, he grabbed the spoon sitting in it and put it in his mouth. "I'm just practicing. No pressure."

Tell that to the butterflies erupting in my stomach.

I found myself swallowing thickly along with Jaxon as I watched him lick the remaining cream from the corner of his lips.

The simple action was enough to render my mind blank of the doubts that had snuck their way back in. Turns out, lust triumphed over fear when it came to Jaxon.

No. It went hand in hand.

I didn't realize he was watching me devour his lips with my eyes until his lips curled up and moved to speak.

"You look a bit hungry there, princess. Want to try some?" He asked, holding up a dollop of the sweetly scented cream. I could smell it from across the short distance.

My eyes flicked from the offering to meet his amused eyes. They were crinkled with certainty.

The certainty that I would say no.

When I hesitated, he shrugged and moved the spoon towards his mouth. "More for me then."

The spoon stooped in its path when I pushed away from the island to round it. He tracked me with his eyes as I made my way to his side, the spoon suspended in the air just out of reach from my lips.

My stomach flipped. I wasn't quite sure yet if it was a good flip or a bad flip.

Standing in front of him I became unsure, the sudden bravado that had appeared to move me to stand before him had fizzled out with each step I had taken to near his intimidating frame. My eyes avoided his face, roaming the expanse of his chest and the shirt that hugged his muscles perfectly.

He reached an arm out to grip the edge of the counter to cut off any chance of retreat. It pressed into my back as he caged me against the island. My heart rate kicked up a notch, only increasing when Jaxon lowered his head closer.

"You want to taste my cream, princess?"

I knew he was talking about the cream the spoon in his hand held, but the way his voice lowered and thickened had my mind diving into filth. Just as he intended.

Definitely a good flip.

My cheeks flamed red as he grinned shamelessly at me. The hurt from the doubt I had voiced earlier was nowhere in sight. It almost made it easy to forget the sorrowful expression. Almost.

I bit my lip as I reconsidered my next step. Until the light rumble in his chest had wet heat rushing to the apex of my thighs.

It was just a little bit of cream. He had even had some in front of me.

My mouth began to drop open as my eyes gazed up at Jaxon through my lashes. I wanted to mock coyness to tease him like he was me, but the heat that slashed through me at his attention made it more than an act. The memory of him taking my mouth filled my mind as my jaw snapped shut and my eyes darted back down to his chest. It became harder to appear calm as my racing heart demanded I take in short, nearly gasped, breaths to keep up.

I shifted, trying to discreetly relieve the throbbing need between my thighs without drawing his attention away from my lips. Something warned me I would be in danger if I did.