Chapter 9

Ayim got back from her mission just a couple of hours ago. It wasn't a dangerous mission though so it went smoothly.

She's currently wandering around the estates when she saw Kyojuro training with Sanemi. She went over to them to watch.

"Greetings, Ayim-chan." Greeted Kyojuro as they continue to train. Ayim smiled at him in response.

"Do you want to train with me?" He asked.

"Yeah, train with him because he's no match for me." Muttered Sanemi.

"Sure. If that's what you want." She replied. Sanemi gave her the wooden sword and stood in front of Kyojuro.

"When you're ready." Said Ayim. Kyojuro nodded his head. Before Kyojuro could start his attack, Ayim zoned out pretty hard. Kyojuro hit her on her on her arm with full of force that made Ayim snap out.

"AHHH!!" Ayim screamed in pain as she fall on her knees while holding her left arm.

"Ayim-chan! Why didn't you dodge it?!" Asked Kyojuro in panic and he quickly ran to Ayim.

"Oh this is good. I'll tell Uzui you hit his girlfriend." Said Sanemi with a smirk.

"You snitch! Don't tell him a word! Do you want him to kill me?!" Said Kyojuro, still panicking.

"I kinda do actually. But I'll let the guilt eat you." Said Sanemi.

"Are you going to take me to the infirmary or not?!" Ayim asked angrily and she groaned in pain again.

"Right!" Said Kyojuro then he scooped Ayim in his arms and ran to the infirmary followed by the laughing Sanemi.

"Kocho! Where are you?!" Asked Kyojuro as he opened the door. He saw Kocho tending on Giyu who has a cut on his leg.

"What happened to Ayim-san?" Asked Kocho after she finished bandaging Giyu.

"She... Uh- she uhm- well... I was like- then... Uhm... You know...." Kyojuro couldn't tell what really happened in fear that they will confide to Uzui.

"Goddammit Ren-san! Just tell them the truth!" Yelled Ayim and Kyojuro laid her on the bed.

"I hit her arm accidentally... With full force." Said Kyojuro.

"How could you hit someone accidentally with full of force?!" Kocho asked unbelievably.

"Yeah. It was pretty entertaining actually." Said Sanemi while chuckling.

"In my defense, she didn't dodge it." Said Kyojuro with his hands on the air.

"I was zoning out! And why did you attack me with full force?" Said Ayim. Shinobu rolled up her sleeves slowly and saw that it's bleeding. The force made Ayim's skin to rip open.

"You're bleeding. Rengoku-san, look what you did." Said Kocho and Kyojuro's face went blank.

"Please don't tell Uzui." He said with his face still bright.

"I'm afraid I'll have to stitch this." Said Kocho to Ayim.

"No. Fuck no. Do anything but please, don't stitch it." Said Ayim. She's not really afraid of needles. It's just that the skin looks scary for her if it's stitched.

"I have to. It'll keep bleeding if I don't stitch this." Kocho said and Ayim's eyes started to water.

"No... Please..." She pleaded as tears rolls on her face.

"See what you did? You didn't just hurt her, you made her cry. Just wait until Uzui finds out." Teased Sanemi to the twitching Rengoku.

"I'll think of another thing to do but for now, drink this capsule so you won't get an infection." Said Kocho and she hands the capsule and water to Ayim. Ayim took it of course. Not knowing that it was a sleeping pill and Kocho's going to stitch her up once she's asleep.

After a little while, Ayim fell asleep and Kocho started cleaning her wound. It's 4 inches wide and atleast half an inch deep. She started stitching it while the three watches. After Kocho was done, she wrapped Ayim's arm in bandages to hide the stitch so Ayim would think that her arm wasn't stitched.

"She doesn't need to stay here so you can carry her to her estate. Just lie to her that I didn't stitch her and that she's not allowed to take out the bandage." Said Kocho and Kyojuro nodded.

He carried her in his arms and left the infirmary followed by Sanemi and Giyu.

"Ah! Rengoku-san! What happened to Ayim-san?" Asked Tanjiro.

"She just had an accident but she's fine now." Replied Rengoku.

"But does Uzui-san know about this?" Asked Tanjiro.

"Nope." Said Rengoku with a smile.

"I'll tell him. He must be worried." Said Tanjiro and Sanemi chuckled.

"Yeah, tell him. That's really a good idea." He said with a smile.

"Ah- Kamado my boy, I already told him and he told me to take care of Ayim in his stead." Lied Kyojuro but Tanjiro somehow believed it.

They continued on walking without bumping into the other pillars. Once they reach her estate, Giyu rolled Ayim's futon and Kyojuro laid her on it.

"See, he doesn't need to know about this. Everything is fine." Said Kyojuro.

"Who doesn't need to know about what?" The three stiffened as they heard the very familiar voice of the Pillar that they are trying to avoid.

"Ah! Uzui-san! It so great to see you!" Greeted Kyojuro with his wide smile.

"What are you three doing here?" He asked.

"I actually have to go and check on Genya." Said Sanemi and left the two.

"What's going on? He never checks on his brother." Asked Tengen in a very scary voice.

"Uh well, we saw Ayim-chan in the infirmary getting treated from her mission. She said to us that... Uhm- that we should never tell this to you because you might get worried. But she's fine now." Lied Kyojuro.

"Tomioka-san, is this true?" Asked Tengen to the quiet Giyu.

"Don't ask me, I just tagged along with them." He replied timidly.

"HA-HA-HA! Tomioka-san! You're really a joker. Just tell Uzui-san what Ayim told us." Said Kyojuro while smacking Giyu's back.

"Y-yeah. Ayim doesn't want you to get worried so she told us that we shouldn't tell you that she got injured on her mission." Said Giyu and Kyojuro nodded.

"Yes, yes, that's true." Said Kyojuro.

"Then why is she asleep?" Tengen asked.

"Well, it must be the side effects of the drug Kocho has given her." Replied Kyojuro. Making up another lie just so he wouldn't be killed by Tengen.

"Kocho's drugs have weird side effects. Some of them are actually disturbing." Said Giyu as he recalled what happened to him when he took one of Kocho's drugs.

"Alright. Thank you for accompanying my girlfriend. You can take your leave now." Said Tengen and Kyojuro laughed nervously then they left the room.