Chapter 11

"Baby?... Love?..." Called Tengen but Ayim didn't snap from zoning out.

"Babe." He called once again and nothing so he gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Huh? Yes? What happened?" Asked Ayim.

"I was saying that the other Pillars invited us to go join them and have a drink at the butterfly estate." Said Tengen.

"Yeah, you can join them. Go ahead." Ayim replied then she smiled.

"You're invited too, you know." He said.

"Do I really have to go? My body hurts." She said with a pout.

"Come on, it's a chance for you to be close with them. And I'm sorry for being hard on you." Tengen said with a soft smile. Ayim stood up and slithered her hands on the back of his neck then he gave Tengen a kiss.

"I love you." Said Ayim. Tengen slithered his arms on her waist pulling her closer.

"I love you more." He replied and kissed her forehead.

"Shall we go?" Ayim asked and they both left the estate. They walked hand in hand under the moonlight. The sun has just set so it's not that dark but the moon is obviously visible.

When they got there, all of the pillars are already starting and having a drink. Even Giyu sat down with them. Tengen sat beside Gyomei and Ayim gave Giyu a head pat before sitting beside him.

"Sup?" Asked Ayim to Giyu.

"Not much. How's your bruise?" Asked Giyu back.

"It's still hurting but it's manageable." She replied.

Giyu poured Ayim a small amount of sake and they cheered.

"What's the occasion? Why are we drinking?" Asked Ayim. Tengen is currently chugging the bottle alongside Rengoku.

"I don't know. Kocho just dragged me here." Replied Giyu.

"I told Tengen what really happened earlier." Ayim muttered and Giyu almost choked on his saliva.

"What did he say? Is he mad at us?" He asked.

"At first yeah. But I settled it." She replied with a wink.

"Wait, so the medicine Kocho gave you have the same side effects as mine?" He asked.

"Uh huh. Now I feel how you felt. It was really horrible, good thing Tengen helped me." She replied.

"That should be me." Giyu thought to himself.

Ayim felt a tug on her haori, when she looked at it, it was Muichiro holding a small plate with looks like it's a daikon.

"Mui, baby? What are you doing here?" Asked Ayim to the young pillar.

"Shinobu-san invited me saying there's daikon so I came. It's true though, do you want some?" Asked Mui.

"No, I'm good but thank you." Ayim replied with a smile.

"Mama, I heard you had an accident? How's your bruise?" He asked while shoving the daikon in his mouth.

"I'm fine now. It's still aching but it's bearable." She replied and Mui noddded then he ate in silent beside her.

"Ow! Uzui-san! What was that for?!" Asked Rengoku and Sanemi together while rubbing their heads.

"That's for lying on my flamboyant face! Ayim told me the truth why you carried her to her estate." Said Tengen to the two who are now terrified.

"We're sorry! It's Rengoku's fault! He asked her to join him train. I just gave her the sword." Said Sanemi in his defense.

"You stupid snitch! I'll sew your mouth shut!" Said Rengoku in annoyance which made Ayim laugh and they looked at her.

"We all know that it's my fault. I zoned out the moment Ren-san was about to hit me. It's fine now." Said Ayim.

"Ayim my love, you don't have to defend these two bafoons. Why would Rengoku go with full force on you in the first place?" Asked Tengen while looking at Rengoku.

"Tengen, enough already. Don't start a riot, it's fine." Replied Ayim.

"And you, Tomioka. You lied to me too." Said Tengen.

"I told you, I just got dragged into the situation." Tomioka replied.

After an hour or two of them blabbering and drinking, it was time for them to go. Good thing Tengen didn't get that drunk and he's still in his right mind.

"Love..." Called Ayim. Tengen hummed in response.

"I have to tell you something." She replied.

"Uh oh, that's not good." Tengen said.
They stopped walking on the road and stood there under the moonlight.

"The reason why I was hesitant in marrying you or being your girlfriend is..." She said then she breathe deeply.

"I had a fiancé. He was devoured by a demon a week before our wedding. It should be me, but he threw himself in front of the demon so he was the one eaten. I promised to his grave that I will never marry someone in this lifetime and wait for my day to come so I can be reincarnated and find him then we can get married when we're together again." She said. Tengen held both of her hands with a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"He was the reason that I became a demon slayer. He was the one who gave me the book where I got my name, and he used to call me by my real name so I don't use it anymore because it always reminds me of him. That's my untold truth." She added.

"But you do love me, right?" Asked Tengen.

"I do. Surprisingly." Ayim replied with a chuckle.

"What was the reason why you're being vocal now?" He asked.

"Well, someone told me to follow my heart instead of my plan so I did. I followed my heart and it leads me to loving you." She replied. Tengen could only smile to her words.

"Do you still love me even though I don't want to marry you?" She asked.

"Of course! I love you with all my heart." Tengen replied.

"Are you sure? Because if you're lying, you can admit it so I can move forward." She said and his eyebrows furrowed.

"I am not. I really love you, wife or not. As long as you love me too and we're always together." He said with a smile.