Chapter 3

Hey Val, if you're reading this that means that I died. You are most likely going to go live with your father. The rings in here are mine and your fathers. You have no idea how much I loved your father and brothers. It hurt so much to leave my babies. Don't hate your father too much if he doesn't like me anymore. I probably hurt him a lot when I took you and left. He has always wanted a daughter so when I took his princess away I knew I hurt him. But your safety was my priority. Take these rings and wear them wherever you go. These photos are of your brothers, father and us with them. Even if they don't act like it I know your brothers love you.I love you, don't forget that. <3

I take the necklace and wear it along with the one I was wearing that my father apparently gave me. I tucked the necklaces in my shirt and put the letter and photos in my backpack and went down to Officer Madden. I got into the car and we made our way to the hotel.

...

When we arrived Officer Madden told me that they were paying for the room and dinner, lunch and breakfast. He also told me if I wanted anything else I would have to pay for it. I thought it was fair so I said okay.

He helped me bring my luggage up to the third floor to my room then left. I opened my small luggage to take out a pj. I got some sweatpants and a t-shirt out and changed into them. I decided to take a quick nap and see when I wake up.

...

I woke up around 10pm and that's when I remembered that I have to call the cafe that I work at to tell them I quit. I pick up my phone and dialed the cafe owner's number.

"Hello Maria!"

"Hey Val, when you didn't come in today I thought something might've happened. Are you okay?"

"Yeah about that, I won't be able to work anymore. My mom passed away and apparently my biological father lives in Italy so I have to go to Italy."

"Oh my god. I'm sorry for your loss Val. Your mom was such an amazing woman. Also don't worry about work, I got it covered.Are you okay? How do you feel about moving to Italy?"

"I'm not good but I have to pull through if I want to survive. I don't know, I'm nervous and scared. Apparently I have 6 older brothers as well."

"You got this. If you ever need to talk to anyone I'm here don't forget. You can call me in the middle of the night and I will answer."

"Thank you Maria, you're the best. I'll talk to you later. I'm gonna go eat because I just woke up."

"Okay take care Val, goodbye."

"Bye Maria."

When I hung up I picked up the hotel phone and got my dinner for the night. I got spaghetti with garlic bread on the side. After about 15 minutes they brought me my food. I sat at the table in the hotel room and played the playlist my mom and I created.

While I was eating I wondered if my bio father is famous because he is rich enough to have a private jet sent here. After I was done I called the hotel cleaning service to let them know that I was done and the food cart was outside my door.

I got my phone and searched up my bio fathers name and it turns out they own many hotels, casinos, bars, clubs, you name it. They are rich. Not just any kind of rich, they are billionaire rich. I also saw an article about how they might be in the Italian mafia.

What the fuck. MAFIA. I see why my mom took me. But it hasn't been confirmed. They have been speculating for a while and never found proof.

I don't mind if they were in the mafia as long as they don't kill anybody that is innocent. That's where I draw the line.