Chapter 27

Saturday morning came and I was awake at an ungodly hour. Who wakes up at 3? I got like 5 hours of sleep. I stayed in bed for the next 2 hours and was on my phone the whole time. 

I got up and out of bed around 5 and decided that I would take a nice hot shower to start my day. After my shower I got dressed into white sweatpants and a dark forest green sweatshirt. Since all of the girls' outfits and accessories are at Aunt Sofia's house, I didn't have to worry about getting anything for the day.

I dragged my desk chair into the bathroom so I can sit while drying my hair. I'm too tired to stand up and do it. After I was done I sat on the chair and thought about how different my life is now. I have more than one family member that cares for my well being.

It was me and my mom against the world, now? Now I have a whole family that won't hesitate to stand with me.

I got up after a while and made sure everything was clean. My bed was made and everything was returned back to its original spots. After I was done I grabbed my phone and made my way downstairs to help Julia with the breakfast.

"Buongiorno Julia, how are you?" I asked when I saw her preparing breakfast.

"Buongiorno tesoro, I'm better now that I saw you." She said with a big smile. I made my way over to her and gave her a side hug seeing that her hands were dirty with flour from the pastries.

"I'm glad I can make your day better even though it just started. Can I help with anything?"

"You can set up the table. I have yet to do that." She gave up on trying to stop me from helping so she always gives me something to do.

I finished setting up the table and was helping with the breakfast when Enzo came down and soon after everyone else.

I spent breakfast talking to Enzo and Gio, while the rest were talking about security arrangements for the ball. When we were done I was helping Julia clean up when Luciano called me so he could take me to our Aunt Sofia's house.

I put on a pair of shoes and made my way out to his car.

On the way to our aunts house he was telling me a little bit more on how the Ball would look like and how everything would go down. When we got there he told me that they would all be here by 4. I said goodbye and made my way to the front door.

Angelica was already waiting for me by the door in a matching silk pj.

"Hey!! Are you ready? Nervous? Happy? Excited?" She said not giving me a chance to reply while also hugging me. "Sorry I'm just excited since it's your first Ball/party."

"You're good." I said while laughing a bit. I haven't seen someone so ecstatic for someone else because it's their first party.

"Alright let's go in, it's a bit chilly." She linked her left arm with my right one and we made our way inside. When I got inside I saw that everybody else was her and they were eating breakfast in the kitchen.

I greeted everyone and took an empty seat since they were still eating. They offered me some food but since I already ate breakfast before I came here I declined and instead I just joined in on the conversations.

After breakfast and a little catching up with everybody we made our way to the upstairs living room where there were a bunch of people waiting for us. From what I gathered there were make-up artists, hair stylists, nail technicians, as well as a facial specialist (a person who does face massages).

This was going to be a long day. We all started with a little face massage that I may or may not have slept through, then we split. The girls and I started with our nails while the women did their hair and make-up first. By the time that was done it was already 1 pm.